[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

What do I need to do so I can use my android dolphin browser in using rs? Currently about 90 % of time I get this and am unable to program a recording.
Note: searching

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160404-194407.png
    Screenshot_20160404-194407.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 25
I have had no end of trouble with Dolphin compatibility in iOS - it can't even get a text cursor in this forum! I suggest ditching it.

(OT) I used Dolphin on Android for ages; then I realised it failed several points in a "your browser security" check, and they seemed disinclined to do anything about it, so I jumped ship and am now happy with the Dev version of Chrome.

I have had no end of trouble with Dolphin compatibility in iOS - it can't even get a text cursor in this forum! I suggest ditching it.
the text cursor thing is not correct. I posted the previous post using dolphin.

it does have flash player compatibility though. I use that a lot.

perhaps, I should just use chrome for rs?

I know this is still work in progress, but I've noticed that a conflict warning is no longer given when selecting a programme from the EPG. This has always been one of the major advantages of using RS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this is still work in progress, but I've noticed that a conflict warning is no longer given when selecting a programme from the EPG. This has always been one of the major advantages of using RS.
Nothing has changed there. They're still working for me.
Note that this has only ever checked the next scheduled episode for a series entry (this is something that will be improved in the future).

That would make sense. All the conflicts thrown up were for subsequent events.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I am seeing a false conflict reported if I select an hour program that overlaps two consecutive half hour program presumably because there is a theoretical risk of the half hour programs overlapping slightly but it doesn't report a conflict if select one of the half hour programs that could overlap at either end of the recording.
hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 08042016 171354.jpg
I also get the false conflict if the consecutive programmes are on the same channel so no possibility of overlap.

That conflict detection is about to be replaced by a better version that takes account of episodes other than the first. That should resolve this too.

...I've noticed that a conflict warning is no longer given when selecting a programme from the EPG. This has always been one of the major advantages of using RS.
I am seeing a false conflict reported if I select an hour program that overlaps two consecutive half hour program...I also get the false conflict if the consecutive programmes are on the same channel so no possibility of overlap.

The new improved conflict detection is live for the EPG screens now so both of these should be resolved.

upload_2016-4-18_13-18-16.png

Almost but not quite
Fullscreen capture 18042016 165343.jpg
Those two events don't actually overlap,
strangely if I select 'Without a trace' which runs from 18:00-19:00 it doesn't flag a conflict

From further investigations 30 and 60 minute programs don't raise conflicts but 35/40 minute programs that cross 18:30 do get flagged

Last edited:
As I seem to be an oddity-magnet, here's another:

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 12.59.09 am.png

I don't recall adding that event twice, Thurs 8pm, but even if I did, should RS not stop me trying to do that?

If you click on them, are they the same episode? How does it look in the schedule on the TV screen (if you press the right arrow)? I'm guessing the Humax will show the duplication too.
If so then this is due to a late change by the broadcaster and you can get the Humax to fix it by requesting a refresh through RS.

Edit: Didn't spot that it was a scheduled addition from my 'phone. You can't do the things I've asked but it will still likely be down to a broadcaster change and there being two different entries in the EPG for that slot. Once the event goes through to a real schedule entry, it should look ok.

Last edited:
Back