[webif-channelicons]

I assume you have done a channel scan. The powers that be have regionlised the channel name, as a result it has broken the icon in the Web-If. Have you done a package update? There is a new version of webif-channelicons available that fixes it, or at least provides the BBC One icon again.

The BBC ONE names have changed even without a channel scan. The package update should sort it though (and add a Pick logo although not the one that ian_j just posted, one that was already in the package). I'll have to update it if they've rebranded.

Latest channel icons (1.1.6) did not solve the problem of the Pick icon (even with a browser page refresh).
Had a look at /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/Pick.png; it was a blank image with just a very feint red wavy line across it (thought it was just blank originally).
So I replaced it with ian_j's icon and all is now OK.

As af123 said, the name of the BBC ONE channel has changed without a channel rescan (now "BBC ONE West" for me).

Thanks

My BBC1 is showing as: BBC ONE Yk&Li

On the remote scheduling portal BBC1 & Pick TV have icons.

But on the Webif neither is showing an icon.

Hold the phone

I just updated the Webif a 2nd time (previous update can't have worked???) and the icons are now working.

There are still no icons for the following new channels

73 CBBC HD
74 CBeebies HD
105 BBC THREE HD
106 BBC FOUR HD
107 BBC NEWS HD
108 Al Jazeera Eng HD

I've just upgraded the web-if and web-if channelicons, and tuned in the new BBCHD mux.
Only BBC ONE HD and BBC TWO HD (plus most of the SD channels) display the icons, the new HD channels (and 5 Later) are blank.

SD BBC One East W does have its icon.
Did you have to duplicate the icon with each regional name or was there a more elegant trick to assign the icon to all the regions and micro-regions ?

Who created the original icons with the glass look to them?

If they can point me to the software they used to create the icons I don't mind creating any that are missing.

Raydon has added the icons to the foxsat icon pack - @raydon can I copy them over to the Freeview one please?

Did you have to duplicate the icon with each regional name or was there a more elegant trick to assign the icon to all the regions and micro-regions ?
I use a script which looks at all of the channel names for devices linked to the remote scheduling portal and then tries to find a matching logo file for each one using a variety of techniques such as:
  • exact match
  • case-insentive match
  • whitespace-insensitive match
  • if ends in TV, look for a logo without the TV at the end.
  • ditto HD (which allows fallback to a standard logo if there is no HD one available).
  • etc.
Some of the logos are from mediaportal which has a repository at http://mediaportal-uk-logos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
These are plain logos but the LogoManager plugin is able to download them and apply themes such as glossy to them.. I haven't played with that though - the logos we have are from a previous release and from various sources.

No, at least no-one with any credibility on this forum
You're a nasty bully as well. You steal other people's work and make out it's your own.
When I took someone else's idea and added stuff to make it more easily usable, I was vilified by Raydon, so why shouldn't it apply to you?
(That personal attack was still there last time I looked, yet mine were removed.)

The double standards here are amazing.

Back