[webif] Web interface

Seems to work great, it doesn't currently seem to allow the squeezing of multiple programs though - we have a LOT of kids stuff, 100+ Postman Pat, Mike the Knight, Horrible Histories etc and the first couple I tried from web-if gave back 23% or so .. now if we could tick this against a folders worth, or even multiple in one folder without having to dig around in telnet that would be perfect!

Seems to work great, it doesn't currently seem to allow the squeezing of multiple programs though
That's coming in the next version. Kids' programmes are prime candidates since they are lower bit rate in general so they squeeze better!

I still think "shrink" was better!
fencers.gif

Tell me: is the product of shrink the same as the product of extract to MPG plus AV2HDR?
It will be close. shrink doesn't remove all non-AV packets (because they are low frequency) whereas the MPG will contain only the AV frames.

Here's an example of packet type incidence (stripts analyses the first 50,000 packets of the TS file to produce this).

Code:
humax# stripts -da 13_13._Savage_Songs_Special
SD recording.
Video PID: 620, Audio PID: 621

PIDS:
      Video -    620:  42909 (85.82%)
      Audio -    621:  2875 (5.75%)
        PAT -      0:    165 (0.33%)
            -    623:    42 (0.08%)
        PMT -  4671:    164 (0.33%)
        SDT -    17:    55 (0.11%)
        EIT -    18:  3271 (6.54%)
            -    622:    518 (1.04%)

Shrink could realise additional savings by removing packets with IDs other than 620 and 621 in this case. I'd need to confirm that the resulting file is still ok of course but I can't see why it wouldn't be. In this example, packet ID 622 would be worth removing - that may be the subtitle stream though.

That would make sense - the EPG data stream is going to be fairly constant. The percentage gain varies widely depending on the bit-rate of broadcast content. I'm seeing up to 27% saving on some CITV programmes.

I deleted 3 files, each about 1.3gb. I then, because I could, decrypted one of the files intending to then extract it to mpg.

I know that this would presumably not be done from the Deleted Items folder normally.

The folder now shows over 5gb contents but the extracted file cannot be seen, nor does it appear in any other folder as far as I can see.

Just thought I would mention this. Maybe it would be an idea not to allow any options except to Restore from the Deleted Items folder?

Is there a way of making it so all programmes are automatically shrunk after being recorded, rather than having to select each individual folder? Also I guess the file checks will make it so an attempt isn't made to shrink a TS file while it's being viewed / catch up recording etc?

Is there a way of making it so all programmes are automatically shrunk after being recorded, rather than having to select each individual folder? Also I guess the file checks will make it so an attempt isn't made to shrink a TS file while it's being viewed / catch up recording etc?
Not yet, but let's allow shrink to become more mature and tested before allowing such an option. At present you can try it on a folder or two and see if it works for you and easily restore from backup (assuming undelete is installed) if anything goes wrong!

Also, I hadn't envisioned anyone using it for day-to-day recordings. Why expend the effort in shrinking them if you're just going to watch and delete?

"Save last streamed" does it regardless of whether the download is complete. Do you think we could have a status indication of whether the buffer is still growing, and/or a lock on actioning the save, and/or a deferred save option?
I subscribe to this also, if possible.

Got a bit of a problem which has only occured since updating web-if and adding the undelete application as far as I can see. Has happened twice so far and NOT popular with my wife in charge of the delete button....

1. Deleted episode of Downton Abbey using the TV remote, 4-5 others in the folder. All but 2 I think disappeared, all arrived in the [Deleted Items] folder.
2. Deleted episode of Home and Away just watched. Was about 30 in the folder, folder has disappeared and only 5 appeared in Home and Away folder under the [Deleted Items]
3. Apparently today's Home and Away did not record into the (now missing) Home and Away directory.
Now as far as I can see since the disk space has not gone down there is a possibility these files are somewhere on the box still? Any ideas?

Have had a look in ftp and telnetted to the box and nothing showing in the media section.

HELP... do you know difficult it will be to get 2 months worth of Home & Away episodes back off you-tube / bit-torrent or whatever!!

Steve

Back