1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.02.27 HDMI Handshake improvement?

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Wallace, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

It may just be a confidence, but since I have installed 1.02.27 [beta], my TV syncs with my Hummy MUCH quicker. I upgraded from v1.02.20. Previously it could take 2 or 3 seconds for the HDMI handshake to complete, now it takes less than a second. I could be tempting fate here (again), but it has been consistently good since the update.

I am curious to hear if anyone else has seen an improvement.

There was no mention of it in the 'release notes', unlike v1.02.20, which did list the handshaking issue as being improved.

2. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

I am fairly confident that for us the handshake is slower than previously. I agree that Humax have probably made changes in this area.

3. freestyle_gus

freestyle_gus Member

It appears to be slower for me. Actually I occasionally get a green screen and have to unplug my TV from the wall to get it working again. Though I'm inclined t blame this on the TV rather than the Humax.

4. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

Ah well. For me there has been a marked improvement on my 6 year old Philips LCD TV - so far!

5. varkanoid

varkanoid New Member

its not the TV I get this too.

(unless its a Toshiba?)

6. freestyle_gus

freestyle_gus Member

It is indeed a Toshiba ;)