1.02.28 OTA...

MartinOnline #17 : Thanks for the replies.

However, sorry to appear dim but am I right in assuming from the above that between 0425 and 0440 the unit checks for a software update and, if one exists, downloads and installs it.

If so, to what do the instructions on page 54 of the HDR User's Manual and Page 41 of the HD User's Manual mean when they refer to a choice between Yes, No (only HD Manual) and Later?

Page 54 refers to the unit detecting new software during standby and "you can choose either to download immediately or later when you switch to operation mode". The implication here is that the unit has been manually switched on to display an output and a user choice is required to install the new software.

Now, its a long time since I watched TV at 0430, so with the Humax in standby (and thus with no user interaction) will any new software be installed?

If a user choice is required then to stop an update the choice No or Later (if they exist as described in the manuals) should be used until after the DTG transmission whenever the unit is switched into operation mode.

Of course this begs the question, what does the choice "No" mean; "Later" being adequately described in the manuals.

Martin

The Auto and Manual Software Update (OTA) on pages 53 and 54 of the HDR user manual are 'DO IT NOW' options that work in addition to the 4:30AM wakeup, BUT the 4:30AM daily OTA can't be turned off, without the use of the Custom Firmware package Disable-OTA

I am not sure about 'operation mode' but remember that this is in addition to the auto 4:30AM

If the Humax is in standby at 4:30AM the Humax WILL wake up and it WILL automatically download new software without intervention

Sorry if this has already been asked. Will this new firmware add support for the IPTV streams? I'm referring to Connect TV etc which do not currently function correctly via the Humax, at least on the firmware I am using.

Black Hole, Ezra

Thanks for the further information.

A slight sceptic at heart, I will leave my HD-Fox as it is to react to the Software Update signal whilst duplicating the timers on my TVonics. I will try and reset the tuning on my HDR-Fox so that it only receives the SD channels.

I am not against the software update ( I don't use the customised software), I just want to be around to manage it in my own time.

Martin

Will this new firmware add support for the IPTV streams? I'm referring to Connect TV etc which do not currently function correctly via the Humax, at least on the firmware I am using.

I'm not aware that we have any information on what is contained in 1.02.28 apart from the possible fix for You-Tube (broken in 1.02.27), so everyhing else is speculation, Humax did hint at one stage that Connect TV could not be fixed in software, however the Digitalstream which has a very similar chip-set does now work with Connect TV I'm told. My guess is that it probably could be made to work, but that it won't be. Humax have a You-View product waiting in the wings

1.02.28 Release notes are quite familiar e.g. nothing new

- HDD Test option added to Data Storage menu
- Improved Audio Description volume levels
- Reliability improvement
- Modified on screen messages regarding Network changes / re-tuning
- Resolved remote issue with no remote operation after 10 seconds from start-up
- Universal Remote feedback messages on screen
When a mode button is pressed on the remote (PVR, TV, DVD, Audio) an image appears on screen.
If a mode button is pressed in error when trying to control the Humax product user is informed on screen to press the PVR button.

Just out of interest - how long does it take (AF123?) to make a CF for a new release?
It depends on how much has been changed. 1.02.28 looks extremely similar to 1.02.27 so it shouldn't take long.

If it fixed something that was only introduced in 1.02.26 /27, Then they have removed a bug that wasn't even present in the last official release 1.02.20
But 1.02.26 is an official release; it has been installed on production machines for some time.

But 1.02.26 is an official release; it has been installed on production machines for some time.

1.02.26 has never been placed on a Humax download site (even as a beta release) or been OTA'ed, so it went the same way as 1.02.27 (now removed from the Humax download site) leaving nothing between 1.02.20 and 1.02.28. After Thursday 1.02.26 and 1.02.27 will disappear without trace

Back