61mb remaining space

hello all

i have a humax hdr tfox-t2 with a 1tb drive, lastest custom fw and the samba file extension, connecting with an apple power mac i get available space as 61mb, yet the humax has over 500gb available, the fix-disk option has been run and the delete loop error fixed as the humax was constantly showing it as still deleting

any help much appreciated

regards

andrea

Are you connecting over Samba? If so, then you are seeing the free memory rather than the free space on the drive and that's because the share is just /media which is mounted on memory.

The fix is to connect to "/media/My Video" - you may need to modify the /mod/etc/smb.conf file to explicitly share this too but I'm not in front of my box at the moment.

hi af123

i went to the diagnostic page, clicked on 'file editor', navigated to the smb.conf file and got

[global]
coding system = utf8
load printers = no
printing = bsd
printcap name = /dev/null
disable spoolss = yes
guest account = root
guest ok = yes
security = share
encrypt passwords = yes
null passwords = yes
server string = Samba HDR-Fox-T2
workgroup = WORKGROUP
netbios name = %h
client code page=850
character set = iso8859-1
case sensitive = yes
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes
interfaces = %h/24
hosts allow = 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 172.16.0.0/255.240.0.0 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0

[Media]
comment = Media
path = /media
public = yes
writable = yes
browsable = yes
create mask = 0644
directory mask = 0755
hide dot files = no

copied the part from [Media], pasted in at the bottom of the file and made changes as below, saved the file, stopped samba, then restarted samba, now have a realistic remaining available space

[My Video]
comment = My Video
path = /media/My Video
public = yes
writable = yes
browsable = yes
create mask = 0644
directory mask = 0755
hide dot files = no

many thanks, hope this helps others

regards

andrea

First, guys, congratulations on building such excellent software.

I have had problems uploading files from PC to T2HDR and the above post has provided a partial solution, hence posting here.

Using (Windows 8) Explorer, or FTP, I found that I could only copy up files <64mb. Otherwise the Humax created a zero length file then refused to overwrite it. Doing the above, fixed that problem.

I then tried to copy large backup (37gb) files to Humax with same problem. Presumably it tried to allocate all the space, then got confused, ( I should add that there is over 300gb free on the Humax HDD).

Running the backup program and writing the backup file directly to the Humax seems more robust - as I type has reached 5gb and still running OK.

I have read Google posts about people having problems with SAMBA and large filesizes, with no obvious solutions. Any ideas please?

Also the Humax is very obstinate about reappearing after a network shutdown (overnight), seems to have a mind of it's own about if and when it reappears. I have a Linux NAS which is also sometimes coy about making an entrance, so this may be a general Win/Samba issue - but if anybody has any magic bullets it would save me some grey hairs.

Thanks and regards - Terry

Back