700 MHz clearance

Nottingham? Not according to THIS
Yes, I saw that when I searched for it. But I have actually seen a van with B&S on it around these parts. Turns out they are carpenters - search "Bodget and Scarper Plumtree" if you are that interested.

The final pieces of the 700 MHz clearance programme are now scheduled to take place on 12/19 August (delayed from 22/29 April).
Winter Hill on the 12th is the last major one.
The programme will end in the Borders region (at Caldbeck on 19th Aug.) where it started nearly 3.5 years ago (at Selkirk on 28th Feb. 2017).

No.
COM7 remains until sometime between now and the middle of 2022. Nobody knows when.

Does that mean COM7 = UHF55 = 746MHz will be gone by August?
August would be far too early if the cause of COM7 closing is for its spectrum use by a mobile services provider.
The date for the auction for the frequencies hasn't taken place yet, and also, in May, there was talk of further delays due to one, or two, potential bidders considering that under the indtened rules of the auction that they could be at operational disadvantage due to the potential fragmentation of the spectrum.

Just about sums up everything about this country.

Don't worry, in 10 years time the mobile industry will have insisted it must have all spectrum or the world will stop turning on its axis, and there will no terrestrial TV. So there will finally be certainty.

Are the Government selling or renting this bandwidth.
I suppose it's going to be like that nice idiot Mr. Brown who sold all our gold at the bottom of the market to get us out of the shit that he had got the country into.

Anyone know if this is happening soon?
Depends on your definition of 'soon'.
That's Music which launched on COM7 last week is said to run only until 1st June, and the end date for the whole COM7 mux. is 30th June.
It's scandalous really that there has been no plan of any sort communicated to the end users about what is going to happen to the services, apart from sudden closure on an unspecified date between now and the end of June (10 weeks today).

It's scandalous really that there has been no plan of any sort communicated to the end users about what is going to happen to the services, apart from sudden closure on an unspecified date between now and the end of June (10 weeks today).
Damned right! I, for one, would like to know what's going to happen to Forces TV. They've had some worthwhile old rubbish to watch. Are they going to find space (is there any?) on another mux? There appears to be enough space on BBCB for 2 HiDef channels, will BBC News HD and BBC 4 HD move there? Or are the HiDef versions going to vanish and some StdDef channels move in? Is this going to be another case of +1 channels going so that "live" channels can continue? So many questions, not many (any) answers. :rolleyes:

Carrier for COM7 mux. cut on the dot of 11:00 in Mendip-land. Expect it was the same everywhere.

Has BBC Four HD moved to the PSB3 mux? That's the only channel I care about that was on COM7.

I did see a popup on BBC News HD saying it wouldn't be available from today and you can watch BBC News instead. I assume that means the HD version is gone on Freeview. No popup on BBC Four HD hence my suspicion it has moved mux.

Back