9200T replacement

Trevor Andrews

Well my 9200T is dead! long live the HUMAX But I'm way behind on technolgy and terms.
My question is, what should I get to replace it. I have a HD ready LG TV so 1) I would like HD freeview if its not too expensive.
2) I want 2 channel tuning with its usual benefits
3) I would like it to be network enabled.
4) HHD size not too important,
5) I know what HD & HDR mean with TV's but what do they mean with PVR's .. surely a PVR can't be HD ready, isn't it either HD or not HD ?
6) What is FOX

Sorry for all the questions but I struggle with modern technologies nowadays.

Well my 9200T is dead! long live the HUMAX But I'm way behind on technolgy and terms.
My question is, what should I get to replace it. I have a HD ready LG TV so 1) I would like HD freeview if its not too expensive.
5) I know what HD & HDR mean with TV's but what do they mean with PVR's .. surely a PVR can't be HD ready, isn't it either HD or not HD ?
6) What is FOX
The only Humax box that will meet all your requirements is the twin tuner FOX-HDR T2 (the R in HDR signifies recording capability; the T2 means it is capable of receiving HD transmissions as well as SD tranmissions). The FOX-HD T2 is a single tuner set top box (with no recording capability out of the box); you can add an external USB hard drive to turn it into a recorder. We have a FOX-HDR T2 and it is a nice box with a number of improvements compared to the 9200. I would also like to know what the significance of FOX is.

6) What is FOX

Sorry for all the questions but I struggle with modern technologies nowadays.

To add to MartinLiddles answers

The HDR T2 is network enabled - either by wired ethernet cable to your router (direct or via Homeplug type adapters), or you can get a wireless USB dongle to connect over wi-fi. The HDR is a dual tuner and does SD as well as HD (I think Martin typo'd HD in twice!).

With Hard Disk size and how easy it is to do series links combined with how much space HD recordings take up I'd say get the biggest built in disk you can (i.e. 1TB) - hard disk space is like the air we breath - you'll find it really annoying when there isn't enough!!!

I too have no idea why they used Fox in naming their boxes!! (Unless of course it was all part of their particularly cunning plan!!!:))

From Humax's site:

Our name is derived from "HUman MAXimization." "HUMAX" comes from a previous product model name.

No mention of Fox.

The HDR is a dual tuner and does SD as well as HD (I think Martin typo'd HD in twice!.

Guilty as charged; thanks for the correction. I really should be more careful particularly when replying late at night. I have edited my post to avoid confusion.

Guilty as charged; thanks for the correction. I really should be more careful particularly when replying late at night. I have edited my post to avoid confusion.
Thanks to all,
can the FOX-HDR T2 record 2 programs at same time (over lapping) as the 9200T used to.
ALSO regards the disc size, can you replace smaller hdd with larger as I did with 9200T.
the difference in buying price or 500Gb and 1Tb is a lot more that disc prices.

Back