Access to the HDR FOX-T2 settings via the CF

Is it at all possible to access the box's settings, so as to change parameters, e.g enabling content sharing. I certainly don't want to have to switch on the TV in order to get access if there is another way.
Also how can I place the box in standby or take out of standby using the Web If interface?.
Thanks

Is it at all possible to access the box's settings, so as to change parameters, e.g enabling content sharing. I certainly don't want to have to switch on the TV in order to get access if there is another way.
Also how can I place the box in standby or take out of standby using the Web If interface?.
Thanks
Most of the box settings should persist over restarts but occasionally it does lose them.
You can use the boot-settings package to control most of the settings at startup but not change them while running.

The IR package can be use to put the box into standby but it can't be used to wake the box from full standby because the network is powered down.
You can use Recordings or Reminders to wake the box up. The builtin in Power on/off time events are not recommended because they can cause problems.

Also how can I... take out of standby using the Web If interface?
:rolling: How do you expect to be able to communicate with the WebIF, when the processor it runs on is in standby???

DO READ SOMETHING!
STANDBY: This is the low-power state, where the HD/HDR-FOX is doing nothing but waiting to be turned on (via remote control or front-panel button press) or for the internal clock to trigger an event. The actual power consumed in standby depends on the "Power Saving in Standby" setting, see Section 7. In STANDBY the internal disk drive is not spinning (HDR-FOX) and no power is supplied to the USB ports for external devices. The processor is not running and there will be no response to network activity (for some strange reason, novice custom firmware users seem to expect otherwise). See Shutdown below.

How often do you want to change settings? Is electricity now so expensive you can't boot the TV for a few minutes? Why would you want to turn content sharing off and on? (Hint: turn it on, leave it on, make sure you have it configured to be on in boot-settings... you need it for decryption.)

Whilst I do understand that I have been asking a lot of questions about this and that, and members have been very generous and helpful with answers, please understand that I have also been reading a great deal of the information herein.
That is just it, there is too much to take in, and utilize.
I will read more.

for some strange reason, novice custom firmware users seem to expect otherwise
I don't see it as strange. The remote control wakes it up and many devices have wake-on-LAN, so it's not hard to think it might be woken by other means.

As Foxtrot says, there is a huge amount of information to read and digest, so expecting someone new to the FOX/CFW to plough through it all before asking questions is unfair. Even some of the long time users here have to ask where to find out how to do stuff.

Thank you for the kind and supportive words, I don't wish to start a 'war', but it is a fact that this wonderful site is brimming with information some very difficult plough through so what might appear as a deluge of questions is a plea for help.
It is, I can assure everyone very much appreciated, my only regret is that I do not possess any kind of expertise that might be of use to members.
Thanks again.

many devices have wake-on-LAN
I don't have any devices which are WoL, or if I do I've never used it (my notebook PC, maybe?). Just how common can that expectation be? IMO it's lack of thought, and I'm of the engage-brain-before-speaking school.

I don't wish to start a 'war',
An exchange of opinion doesn't constitute a war, so long as it is done respectfully.

Of course it is, but a little (sometimes caustic) banter relieves the tedium of all the technological information pouring forth. 😉

Back