Accurate Record on the BT Sport channels?

gomezz

Do BT Sport use Accurate Recording on its multicast channels on the Youview box like the BBC does to cope with overruns (eg a football match going into extra time and penalties) or does it run strictly by the clock (like Five for example)?

What about the Eurosport channels?

If only you could put as much effort into finding the answer rather than the question. :p

If only you could put as much effort into finding the answer rather than the question. :p

But you have a box presumably, so why not try it and see? Not that there is anything worthwhile to record on their Sport channels. Good luck recording Jake and Clare!

Does accurate recording work if the broadcaster

(a) changes the channel, eg, from BBC1 to BBC2,
(b) changes channel on the fly, eg, starts on BBC1 but ends on BBC2, or
(c) switches to the red button service (roughly equivalent to (b))?

Plus, my experience is that when there is a series that is spread over two channels, and that should record as a series, eg, F1, the series link fails. I have also had recordings fail on BBC1 because the programme was delayed. I don't see accurate recording as a panacea. So, given its failings on normal broadcasts, what chances are there of it working on IPTV?

PS The answer? 42. The question? Ah, that is a more difficult problem. I will have to think about it...

All the same person, are they not?
I hope not! That would be very rude as it potential wastes someone’s time penning a reply when it could have already been answered elsewhere. Of course if one forum does not produce a satisfactory answer then that would be a different matter.:D

Edit: Some typos removed

I hope not! That would be very rude as it potential wastes someone’s time penning a reply when it could have already been answered elsewhere. Of course if one forum does not produce a satisfactory answer then that would be a different matter.

Are you implying that only waiting a minute before posting elsewhere was rude?:p

Must open a tin of spam...

Are you implying that only waiting a minute before posting elsewhere was rude?:p
Please accept my apologies. I did not mean to 'imply'.:D
If a mate texted me for a favour and then the next day I found out that he had also asked three of my other mates the same thing at about the same time without telling me then I would not be too impressed. That applies even if I had previously been impressed by that person's helpfulness to others some years back.

All the same person, are they not?
I hope not!
Marvin the Paranoid Android said:
Well, pardon me for breathing (which I don't do anyway so I don't know whyI bother to say it... oh god I'm so depressed)!

Post 1 is by Gomezz, the link in post 2 is to a post by somebody calling themselves Gomezz, the link in post 3 is to a post by another Gomezz, and the link in post 4 is just another link to the same post as the link in post 2. Remarkable coincidence if it's not all the same person - or didn't you look?

.. or didn't you look?
Read all of post #8.
I welcome most of Gomezz's replies but simultaneous cross-posting should not be encouraged.
If I was not already familiar with Gomezz I would not have replied, but instead would have asked for the spam to be removed.

IMO the best thing would be that this whole thread is now deleted.

You do not understand what cross-posting is. And your mates are not real mates if they minded all being asked for help.

Much as I would like to try and see for myself, I see nothing in the EPG that is likely to overrun at the moment so cannot try it for myself.

Post 1 is by Gomezz, the link in post 2 is to a post by somebody calling themselves Gomezz, the link in post 3 is to a post by another Gomezz, and the link in post 4 is just another link to the same post as the link in post 2. Remarkable coincidence if it's not all the same person - or didn't you look?

Of course we noticed! What part of humour don't you get?

Gomezz' various posts came up on a Google search not even using the search term gomezz. Possibly "BT Sport accurate recording"?

While I appreciate your efforts in Googling it for me, do you really think I had not already tried that?

What part of humour don't you get?
How is one supposed to tell the difference between sarcasm and genuine ignorance in text? That's what emoticons are supposed to help with. I take everything at face value - if the intention is other than what's written it's the writer's problem.

How is one supposed to tell the difference between sarcasm and genuine ignorance in text? That's what emoticons are supposed to help with. I take everything at face value - if the intention is other than what's written it's the writer's problem.

Did you assume we were both stupid enough not to have noticed that all those posts on multiple forums were by the same person, gomezz? That says more about your arrogance than my irony.

While I appreciate your efforts in Googling it for me, do you really think I had not already tried that?

I was arrogant enough to assume you were too stupid to have tried that, and for that I apologize. I hope you were not offended by the irony! No malice was intended. :oops:

I assume gomezz asked BT and they didn't know the answer either.

Back