Add bookmarks to a recording

njm

Is there a utility to add bookmarks to a recording?

I know the hmt utility allows you to list the bookmarks for a recording, but I can't find anything that allows you to add bookmarks to a recording.

Is there a utility to add bookmarks to a recording?
The Arbookmarks package adds bookmarks to a recording where the Accurate Recording 'Start' and 'Stop' flags are found, so it is obviously possible, I would say it would be possible to add this as a feature of the hmt package, but it isn't there at present, unless it is an undocumented feature, the recording would need to be decrypted before bookmarks are added though I think. Also without being able to 'see' the point at which you wanted to add bookmarks, you would have to count seconds from the start in order to point to the place you wanted to add it

Looks like af123 was going to add it a while ago:
nicesplice-add-bookmark-via-command-line-without-copy.3999/#post-49089 (I can't post links yet)

It's not documented in the latest hmt package. If it's an undocumented feature I can't find it:
Code:
humax# strings hmt | grep 'book'
display_bookmarks
    -bookmarks    Display bookmarks.
bookmarks

I think this would be a useful feature to have.

Yes, here is your link:-
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/nicesplice-add-bookmark-via-command-line-without-copy.3999/
It looks like nicesplice needs an input ts file and an output ts file to be specified even though I would have though it would just be a case of editing the hmt file, as you say af123 did consider adding this to the hmp package

I have added note 9 to the Wiki nicesplice entry HERE, but the nicesplice creates a new set of files e.g. *.ts, *.nts and *.hmt which takes a while

Code:
humax# nicesplice -in Titanic_20140430_1640 -out test -addBookMark 800
progLen = 6874s, 0 bookmarks, HD = 0
Read 171836 entries from nts
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wrote 171836 entries to test. Stripped 2151752 packets (403453k) of EPG data
New Program Length = 6873s

hmt 1.1.20 has two new commands:

Code:
    +addbookmark=<seconds>[:<seconds>]...
    +setbookmarks=<seconds>[:<seconds>]...

af123, do you know if the Humax keeps a cached copy of the .hmt file? I've only been able to get the hmt +setbookmarks= command to work once so far when I play back the file (although I can always see the bookmarks when using the hmt command).

What is the difference between adding a bookmark and setting a bookmark, and how does one delete a bookmark?

af123, How are bookmarks recorded in the hmt file? Are they recorded in seconds or by frame number? If they're recorded by frame number it'd be handy to be able to specify bookmarks by frame number.

Also, I'm using the hmt command directly from a tcl script. Should I be doing that or is there already a class for manipulating .hmt files?

Seconds. The ts class has two methods for retrieving and settings bookmarks in native recordings.

With hmt version 1.1.21 you can clear bookmarks with either of these.
Code:
hmt +clearbookmarks file.hmt
hmt +setbookmarks= file.hmt

Back