advertising hummy.tv

How long as the link been on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humax page?
Can only have been since the 16th September when I posted the question to Michael about whether I should put one on there or not. I didn't know it was there but it seems like the question has been answered. Might see if I can review the edits to see who put it on. Do you think the Humax Police are gonna come and hunt you down? ;)

Right I went and checked and the Edit Log has something on 1st July then this

(cur | prev) 15:04, 16 September 2011 Diatsrif (talk | contribs) (5,320 bytes) (→External links) (undo)

So I guess that's who did it - and it looks like that's the only edit made by that user. Will serve me well for PageRanking but still not sure if Humax will like a link to "how to hack the box" dot tv!!

So I guess that's who did it - and it looks like that's the only edit made by that user. Will serve me well for PageRanking but still not sure if Humax will like a link to "how to hack the box" dot tv!!

This is a valid Humax support site. At least as valid as having the iCord forum linked from there - they're the ones responsible for a lot of the historical Humax modding.

Latest stats at 4th October:

4 climbers
1 non mover
2 fallers (but only by 1 place each)

'humax help' and 'humax forum' placing on page 1 results in both UK and World searches.

Full placings updated in the 'Pick of the Pops' post Here

With regard to profile, I'll blow my own trumpet here and say we should be getting some exposure in EPE magazine (electronics hobbyist) - I recruited columnist Alan Winstanley to the forum when he reported he had acquired an HDR-FOX T2.

Yes indeed - once I got the meta data tuned I turned my attention to Backlinks as this is another major factor in results positioning - hence starting the process of registering us on the Forum Directory sites. The good news about "Agent BH's" (;)) recruit and indeed anywhere else we can get the url mentioned is the incremental effect on downstream links collectively pointing in our direction. The bad news is that with at least 10.12 billion pages it does take sometimes months for the crawlers to find them! Sitemap files and google analytics/webmaster tools are a way to help but that is another level of managing the site I'm going to try and avoid because it requires the addition of HTML tags and/or files to link the site back to the tools and basically I want to see for myself how far I can get hummy.tv without doing that.

Stats:

From 1st September to 30th September:

9,910 people visited this site
21,972 Visits
9,910 Unique Visitors
114,165 Pageviews
5.20 Pages/Visit
00:06:32 Avg. Time on Site
40.16% % New Visits

• cleardot.gif
    40.11%New Visitor

• cleardot.gif
    59.89%Returning Visitor

Michael

OK cool - it also roughly confirms the basic summary I was getting from Alexa as follows:

Hummy.tv's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is 1,466,053. The site's visitors view 4.4 unique pages each day on average. Approximately 23% of visits to the site are referred by search engines. Visitors to the site spend approximately six minutes per visit to the site and 86 seconds per pageview, and roughly 52% of visits to Hummy.tv are bounces (one pageview only)

Michael out of interest have you submitted a sitemap file?

I've not heard of the magazine, but great news! :)

Once upon a time we hobbyists had Everyday Electronics, Practical Electronics, Electronics Today International, Elektor, Wireless World (all I can think of at the moment), all coming out monthly. I lapped them up!

I don't know what happened to Elektor or WW, but EE combined with PE to become EPE, and ETI hung on longest until they became "Everyday Practical Electronics with ETI", and now the "with ETI" has been dropped and the mag is called EPE. And as a long-time ETI subscriber (and, indeed, occasional project author) I now take EPE.

I don't know what happened to elektor or WW, but EE combined with PE to become EPE, and ETI hung on longest until they became "Everyday Practical Electronics with ETI", and now the "with ETI has been dropped and the mag is called EPE. And as a long-time ETI subscriber (and, indeed, occasional project author) I now take EPE.

Are you sure that's all you're taking?? :confused::)

Back