advertising hummy.tv

Yeah - I montior alsorts of stats now - trying to help build this community up. Since Monday 3rd October to today we've had 34 new members sign up :)

BTW I am now updating the list of forum directories I've registered us on when they confirm we're listed so there's a reference date to match against results positions.

ALSO if anyone is seeing this and they get a chance to shoehorn mention the URL on any other forums, websites and especially comments on review sites and newspaper sites it will very much help the Backlink Credibility ratings. (In case you hadn't guessed I'm a stubborn sod and I'm gonna rattle this ragdoll till all the stuffing comes out!!!:))

Just had a quick check on the google placings - of the seven search terms I'm tracking we've had five risers (our position on the 'Humax' search has risen 23 places!), one non mover, and one faller but only by 1 position. The non mover is still on page 1 and the faller is still on page 2. Not sure about the Alexa rank which seems to be falling but inlinks has risen by just 1 on Alexa even though Yahoo is now reporting 88 sites linking in to hummy.tv.

"Humax Help" and "Humax Forum" puts us in the Top 5 results on page 1 of google world search. :) (I'm saving the big grin til we get a number 1 spot!!!)

Alright pop pickers it's Oi 'fluff' Jonesey - had a quick check to see where we are and still creeping up the results and holding onto the 1st few pages and positions...

Humax (UK results)
Page 14 #7 - up 4

Humax help (world results)
Page 1 #4 - no move

Humax Forum (world results)
Page 1 #5 - no move

HDR Fox T2 (world results)
Page 3 #2 - no move

HDR Fox t2 Help (world results)
Page 2 #2 - up 1

FoxSat HDR (world results)
Page 7 #1 - up 2

FoxSat help (world results)
Page 1 #3 - no move

Alexa Page Rank for hummy.tv
1,582,855 - Up 7,217

Another plug, PCPlus issue 313 page 102 (reviewing the Dino MediaJoy 3850 media centre PC):
...It's not a bad PC by any means, and with a few choice upgrades it could become truly excellent, but the main competition for the MediaJoy 3850 isn't other PCs - it's the wealth on increasingly powerful set top boxes like the Humax HDR-FOX T2. These come with dual Freeview HD or Freesat tuners, internet connectivity and other features, all in a much more attractive package for a lot less money. These leave media centre PCs feeling stuck in the past.
It was summer 2010 I was looking at setting up a media centre PC, but discovered there were no T2 tuners and I was not of a mind to wait. Very glad I went for the Hummy - at least it worked out-of-the-box (sort of). I would have run into trouble with time if I was having to configure PC hardware and media centre OSs.

Quick pick of the pops news (da-da-da-d-d-daaaah-baaa-baa-b-baaaaaa - aw hell you'll either know the tune or you wont!!)

hummy.tv has now got a google pagerank of......wait for it........2/10!!! No seriously that's good news!!! I think new pages on google get a PR of 1/10 by default, and we got stuck on that for some time and even dropped to 0/10 - I'm pretty sure that was when we had to move house at the beginning of November (the spider doesn't like to see banner pages/redirects like those) - and it's taken a little while to get that back. I'm hoping we'll appear on dmoz soon, that should help us creep up especially on the more generic Humax and product model name search terms - dmoz usually say allow three months and it's been roughly two so far.

We are also creeping up the google results - especially on 'Humax Help' (now at position 2 on page 1 - second only to Humaxdirect.co.uk!!!) and we're still on page 1 for 'Humax Forum'. The Alexa rank has dropped though - I think because it's worked out on average visitors & pageviews and that has potentially slowed recently compared to when I first looked. At the time the custom firmware/web portal/remote scheduling stuff was all moving at a fast pace and perhaps drew in more frequency of traffic? Ayway I haven't done a full update on the main chart post so I just wanted to post the google pagerank news!! Alright? Not 'arf!!

I was wondering - can we help make some money for the sites by clicking on any of the adverts on hummy.tv or rs.hummypkg.org.uk. I don't really know how this works but if it makes a pence or two I'll click on something whenever I can just to up the pot towards running costs on an ongoing basis. If that's the case how far into the ad-link do you have to go?

I was wondering - can we help make some money for the sites by clicking on any of the adverts on hummy.tv or rs.hummypkg.org.uk. I don't really know how this works but if it makes a pence or two I'll click on something whenever I can just to up the pot towards running costs on an ongoing basis. If that's the case how far into the ad-link do you have to go?
I do know that the Google Adsense T&Cs prohibit Michael from asking anyone to click on them, or from clicking on them himself, so he may not comment : )

I do know that the Google Adsense T&Cs prohibit Michael from asking anyone to click on them, or from clicking on them himself, so he may not comment : )
Ah I understand - 'nuff said.

Ooh hang on - it says here just under where I'm typing that apparently petertyson.co.uk has HDR Fox T2's in stock!! Fancy that - I've been after one of those for ages - I'm gonna go and have myself a little click over there! The penny drops (literally?) ;););)

Ah, but are you banned from telling us whether it would be worth it (not asking us to actually do it)?

If there was a funding crisis I (for one) would be happy to pay a subscription, but short of a crisis and everyone chipping in I feel I am a net contributor as it is.

It varies but I would guess each click brings in between £0.60 and £1.20 - as long as Google count it as a 'valid click'.
(there are a lot of factors, not least that advertisers effectively bid in an auction to get their ads displayed)

Back