Aerial loop through not working

I have recently noticed that I need to switch my Humax on in order to get a TV signal through to my smart TV, it should of course pass the signal through when in standby, I have checked the cable and connections.

Web interface version: 1.2.6-2
Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2137)
Humax Version: 1.02.32 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)

any ideas ?

Last edited:
It sounds like you have set hummy power saving on. You need to set
Menu->Settings->System->Power Saving to off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have recently noticed that I need to switch my Humax on in order to get a TV signal through to my smart TV, it should of course pass the signal through when in standby, I have checked the cable and connections.

Web interface version: 1.2.6-2
Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2137)
Humax Version: 1.02.32 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)

any ideas ?
Just doing some cable tidying up with my old Fox T2, took the tv aerial connection to the Humax Ae o/p and as you said goes off with the recorder. The power savings was set to off off as sugested with no improvement...UNTIL I powered the box fully off with the switch on the back of the unit, leave for 20-30 secs then powered back on. The Ae feed through now present with Humax off. Looks like some of the menu options don't get registered UNTIL FULLY POWERED OFF

The two settings had been changed previously, I went through all the combinations switching to standby at each change. The Ae feed through went off each time. I then set to "off off" and switched the mains off and on, the feed through now works correctly.

Just doing some cable tidying up with my old Fox T2, took the tv aerial connection to the Humax Ae o/p and as you said goes off with the recorder. The power savings was set to off off as sugested with no improvement...UNTIL I powered the box fully off with the switch on the back of the unit, leave for 20-30 secs then powered back on. The Ae feed through now present with Humax off. Looks like some of the menu options don't get registered UNTIL FULLY POWERED OFF
No; I have tested it and the aerial pass-through on Power Saving in Standby = Off does not require a reboot to take effect.

Set to "On", aerial pass-through ceases when the unit actually enters standby (not just when the ring turns orange). Set to "Off", aerial pass-through continues regardless of standby. No special measures had to be taken after altering the setting either way, it had immediate effect.

If your observations are correct, it suggests there's something wrong with your unit.

Last edited:
It would go fully into standby "red display" then the Ae feed throught would shut down after a few seconds. Only when the unit was fully switched off using the mains switch, left for 20 sec and repowered up would the "off off" state work and allow the Ae to feed through. I can't remember what the delivery state of that option was, too long ago. Still glad it is now working properly again...as is the wife!!!
software 1.03.12; 07 Feb 2014; Micom 9.3

Like I said, you still have to fully power off the unit to get the unit to pickup those changes(NOT into standby). This isn't explained in the manual.

Like I said, you still have to fully power off the unit to get the unit to pickup those changes(NOT into standby). This isn't explained in the manual.
No, I didn't. And there is no reason to believe this has been a feature all this time without us knowing about it. You have some kind of malfunction.

Perhaps as you say there is a fault with it, but since it's so old won't be bothering to get it fixed. Might try one the independent firmware down loads to see if that changes things. Any recomendations?

If, by "independent" you mean our Custom Firmware (click), all that does is add new facilities to the Humax firmware - so no, I wouldn't expect it to make any difference unless your fault is caused by a data error in the code memory.

There is plenty you are missing out in by not using the CF, but if you are not interested in that there is no point fiddling - this is a very minor issue, your system works as well as it needs to, and the symptoms are no more than a curiosity. One day we might be able to link them to something, but nobody hold their breath.

Meanwhile, take a look at my link in the first paragraph, and also Things Every HDR-FOX Owner Should Know (click).

Back