Amazon Prime

Jamie McD

Hello all,

Just wondering if any of you have found a way to stream Amazon Prime Video through an HDR-Fox-T2? I've got the custom firmware installed, if that helps things at all.

Currently I wire a small laptop up direct to the TV, but this seems a little cumbersome.

As ever, thanks for the firmware, folks and thanks for any insights you can offer

With all the best

Jamie

The short answer is "no".

The long answer is that we have no way to output from custom firmware to video/audio (other than limited HTML rendering), so there is nothing that can be done to provide such functions - even if the Amazon Prime streaming specification was open to third party developers.

Get a TV with the app on it, or buy the tiny Fire TV box from Amazon.

Reactions: aw1
I have an Apple TV and AirPlay the Prime videos to it from my iPad. Still somewhat clumsy but it avoids trailing cables, and the picture is fine.

Mick

Get a TV with the app on it, or buy the tiny Fire TV box from Amazon.
The Amazon Fire TV is much the best way I have found for viewing Amazon Prime. Knocks a PC or my so called "smart" Bravia into a cocked hat.
The tiny bluetooth connected remote is good.
Do not bother with the game controller unless you are in to games. I am not. If you are, you probably have, or want, a real games console.

Back