Amusing Items

If, as a City councillor, you are going to start bragging it may help if you check your twitface posting before you upload it:
Looking forward to travelling by unopened daffodils.
(He posted a one word reply to himself later: "bus :)")

He was probably mixing up gassing with his buds on the council. Most of them produce more hot air than a bus.

Does nobody do arithmetic in their heads any more? Young chap on Tipping Point just divided 360 by 12 and came up with 62.

Does nobody do arithmetic in their heads any more?
I try too to* . I'm sure I have a primary school report hanging around somewhere (I can't remember where :roflmao: ) that said I was good at mental arithmetic. Quite a few decades on and it is a bit of a struggle. Lack of practice and calculators have a lot to answer for.
I often try to keep a running guesstimate when shopping. Trouble is, one senior moment and I've lost the total.

* Bloody hell, I've forgotten how to spell!

Last edited:
I did when Safeway existed, before they found the scanners were :poop:, and some people tried to swindle them.

I've come across Bavarian clocks that go backwards, but here in Nottinghamshire we have a bus company that seems to have arranged for days to go in reverse when it comes to New Years services.
ct4n-ny.png
You'd think someone would proof read the document before publishing. :rolleyes:

Well spotted. Both, but it is becoming common usage to omit apostrophes when the phrase in question is adopted as a noun (particularly place names). That excuses the bus company, but not EEPhil! AvP.

Is it? Being excused does't make it right, but pointing out every occurrence will be tedious. St Johns Road, St Margarets Hall, Emersons Green...

Sorry, I forgot to make my statement into a question (rhetorical of course) by adding a question mark. That seems to be the way these days. Bollox to the 5 or 6 "W"s

Back