Amusing Items

This e mail, received today, says it all. :roflmao:

Attachments

• chiltern.png
    chiltern.png
    456.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
In some contexts it should be "on-board" such as "Some components are on-board and some are off-board".

Why the hell the hyphen in on-board and off-board. Surely you don't normally separate a preposition and a noun to which it refers with a hyphen do you?
Or did you really mean "That's like the in-store discussion on-AvP. And the sods at-the local Co-Op have a notice-up referring to in-store. Argh!"
Or is the hyphen used as a place holder for the word 'the' in the case of 'on-board' et.al.?

Coöperative, shirley?
Shirley? I thought we were going for Samantha.
According to https://www.coop.co.uk/ it is Co-op or Co-operative. So I got it wrong.
If you want to get in a mess with hyphens and the Co-op, try this from a conference visit to Zurich back in 1985.
A19.png
I don't know about the grammar consideration in Swiss-German but something looks wrong with the sign. :D

I did a search and, although there is a new building on the site, it is still a coop (34 years later). It appears to be similar to Co-ops in the UK. It sells mainly foodstuff, not bird houses.

Triffids!
Strangely, those and the Kraken (as portrayed by JW) are two of very few sci-fi monsters that (the thought of) have ever really scared me, and they still give me the creeps.
Possibly an age related thing.

SWMBO was slumped on the settee trying to find a programme in her (overfull) FOX tonight.
"Mike, help, my remote's gone wrong. I'm pressing down and it's going up!"
So I lean over to check she is actually pressing the right button, take the remote out of her hand, look at it briefly, turn it round and hand it back.

Welcome to 2020 :)

Back