Android remote control

You can download the latest version of the 'Android App' from the Wiki here :-

It's working for me so far - Thanks

Some thoughts :-

1) It would be helpful to add suggestions during intitial setup e.g.
IP (internal) e.g. starting 192, 172 or 10
Logon e.g. root
Password e.g. 0000

2) Replace P+ and P- with P^ and Pv as moving up the screen moves down the channel numbers

Last edited:
(Post subsequently updated in the light of discussion)

I have created an Android App that acts as a remote control for
a Humax Fox-T2 with customized firmware. It's in Beta at the moment,
but if you find it works I'll make it public.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.kjhskj75.humaxfoxt2

Tell me what you think.
All readers please be aware that the custom firmware ir package is a prerequisite for this app to work - see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/ir-web-based-remote-control.2437/. If the user has changed the remote control command channel (see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/using-more-than-1-humax-box-in-the-same-room.23/), this must be configured in the ir package settings.

I've had a brief play, and the first thing to note is that some of us need to be able to store and select from several IP addresses (multiple machines with CF), so it would be nice to allocate names to IP addresses and then select from a pick list. Channel short-cuts as per the WebIF virtual remote would be good too.

It's a picky point, but maybe some better graphics eventually?

Last edited:
So what am I doing wrong? I put internal IP, nothing in user nothing in password

Click OK, no play buttons work

You need to enter the IP address of your Humax, it should have an 'internal' address that is controlled by your router, see examples in #2

The IP address of your Humax should not be 101.1.1.301

Last edited:
Can I just confirm, the correct format for IP

Something like 101.1.1.301
Your home network IP addresses will probably be something like 192.168.x.yyy where x is most likely 0 or 1. It will be the same as you use to access the WebIF. But yes, that's the way to enter it.

as it happens I copy/pasted from the webif address. the similar app for foxsat does not connect either.

Do you have your Humax connected to a router?, if so what IP address do you enter from a computer / tablet etc. to access your router?, the address should start with either 192. 172. or 10., 101. is not valid

Check on the Humax itself: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN >> IP Address or Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN (Wi-Fi) >> IP Address

101 was just an example, my address is different. However, as I said earlier I copied it from the webif address which has worked for many years now

If you are asking whether the general format of the IP address is correct, then yes, it is correct, however it doesn't help when 101. is invalid and .301 is invalid, I personally don't see any security risk in you revealing your internal IP address range, but that's up to you.

the format should be :-
192.168.xxx.xxx or 172.yy.xxx.xxx or 10.xxx.xxx.xxx

xxx = 000 to 255
yy = 16 - 31
(leading zeros can be omitted)

Last edited:
I have an idea why it might not be working for you: have you changed your control channel from the default?

Back