Android remote control

This might be a daft question, but do you have the ir package installed and can you use the remote control built into the web interface?

Very sensible question, because the OP never actually stated that the ir package is a prerequisite! We all know that it is of course, but it is a major fail nonetheless.

All readers please be aware that custom firmware ir package is a prerequisite for this app to work, and also that the remote control channel (configurable via the handset) is unchanged from the default*.
If it is using IR it should automatically use the remote channel that the IR package is configured to use

I hadn't thought of that, but I have just tested and you are correct.

Excellent; that means it doesn't need configuring in the app.

Last edited:
If it is using IR it should automatically use the remote channel that the IR package is configured to use
It does exactly that. I managed to connect it to fixsat now. For the t2 I did not have ir installed when I installed this app. I have installed it since but it still doesn't work

Actually scrap that. I did have ir installed. The package I subsequently installed was RC bridge which I assumed was needed

It does exactly that. I managed to connect it to fixsat now. For the t2 I did not have ir installed when I installed this app. I have installed it since but it still doesn't work
Does the web interface remote control work?

I nearly answered yes without checking because I've used it so many times in the past. it does not work now. what next?
Check the settings for the IR package and check that the Mode setting matches that for the hummy box ( I c ant remember how you find out what the box is set to)

( I cant remember how you find out what the box is set to)

How about:
1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for approx 5-10 seconds.
5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode.
Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode
Current mode: Mode 1."

6. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

Check the settings for the IR package and check that the Mode setting matches that for the hummy box ( I c ant remember how you find out what the box is set to)
and the penny drops.

I had originally used the t2 with remote code 2. on getting a new slingbox I had to revert my t2 to remote code 1. of course I could not remember to change it on the ir settings on webif which was still on code 2.

I have changed it now and it works. there's a big delay between pushing button and action performed. should it be big?

I have changed it now and it works. there's a big delay between pushing button and action performed. should it be big?
Is that using it directly from the webif or via the android remote app?
I haven't noticed any noticeable delay over using the real remote, it can help to press OK when changing channels so that it knows you want to change to channel 1 and doesn't wait for you to also press 0 and 1 for 101

Is that using it directly from the webif or via the android remote app?
I haven't noticed any noticeable delay over using the real remote, it can help to press OK when changing channels so that it knows you want to change to channel 1 and doesn't wait for you to also press 0 and 1 for 101
android app

Very sensible question, because the OP never actually stated that the ir package is a prerequisite! We all know that it is of course, but it is a major fail nonetheless.

Yes I did, it's on the app's page on the google playstore:

This is a remote-control app for the Humax HDR Fox-T2 digital video
recorder and for no other device. It must:
(1) have the Customized firmware
(2) the "ir" package.
(3) and be connected to the same home network as the phone/tablet.

Back