Any idea what error message "F2.20" means?

HumaxVictim

I have had an error message appear that reads "F2.20" appear when powering on a newly acquired (via GumTree) HD-Fox T2. Does anyone have any idea what this message means?

I upgraded the firmware to version 1.03.02 and it hasn't reappeared since but I just wondered if anyone had seen it before.

It isn't an error message. It just means that it was running custom firmware version 2.20.

Oh . . . OK, thanks for that.
I wonder if I have overwritten something useful?
The box seems to be working OK with firmware version 1.03.02. I haven't tried YouTube or an HDD yet.

I am trying to get the Humax to record on a 32GB USB memory stick.
It is currently formatted as FAT-32 with no files.
When I put it in the Humax it is recognised and reported as having 29.8GB.
I don't appear to be able to record on it.
I suspect that I need to format it on the HUMAX but I can't select the "Format Storage" option - how do I get to this?
Thanks

I wonder if I have overwritten something useful?
Yes, you've overwritten the custom firmware. The previous owner must have installed it. For more info, see Quick Guide to Custom Firmware (click).

I am trying to get the Humax to record on a 32GB USB memory stick.
Be aware that using a UPD for this can be fraught with problems. A 32GB UPD would work if it really was 32GB (ie 2^35) and not 32,000,000,000 bytes. See Glossary (click), entry KiB. However, I (and others) have found they wear out quite quickly, probably due to overheating. Long term success has been reported when the device in question was not a miniature one, and metal cased (which would have a thermal regulation effect).

For more discussion on this see http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hd-fox-cf-host-upd.4511/page-5#post-87745

Yes, you've overwritten the custom firmware. The previous owner must have installed it. For more info, see Quick Guide to Custom Firmware (click).
<SNIP>
Yup, I realise that. What I wondered was whether this was a known piece of custom firmware and if so, what it did that the latest Humax firmware doesn't do - e.g. access to and the ability to record from iPlayer, 4OD, etc.?

As to the USB memory stick, I just wanted to confirm that the record facility worked. I would actually use a larger external USB hard disk in practice.

Follow the link, and check out the wiki. The CF adds a complete network management facility and does not (in the main) interfere with the standard firmware. On an HD-FOX, an external drive is essential to support the CF.

Back