any way of remotely triggering playback from webif?

Gmaal

This may well be a silly question, but I can't find any way of triggering playback of recordings from the webif (there may not be one).
The problem I'm trying to solve is this - if I'm sat at my desk in the study and the kids come in and ask if they can watch another episode of octonauts, can I trigger this (on the tv not my computer) without getting up and disrupting work? I've got the remote app installed, so can blindly press 'list' 'up' and 'OK' a couple of times, but that doesn't give feedback as you go, so just wondering if it can be done from browsing media?

You can change to a 'live' TV channel (rather than a recorded programme) via the Web-If though
Thanks guys. How do I switch to a live TV channel - I've tried selecting from the webif EPG, but that only seems to give record options...

Don't use the EPG, use a virtual remote control. There's two to chose from in the CF :)

Ah - just twigged, need to select the channel icon, not the name of the programme in the epg to switch!
Thanks Trev, I already have a remote installed on the webif, but it's not much use to me when I'm in a different room and can't see the effect it's having.

@BH.Yes. The short fat one and the long thin mobile version.
@Gmaal. Surely all you have to do is check on the EPG for the channel number and then press the right number buttons (or do what you said). If you're in the other room, you can't see what's happening whichever way you change channels:eek:

Last edited:
Change Channel.jpg Hi

I didn't know about this function within the EPG, I have just tried using it and you get a Change Channel popup box with the options of Yes or Cancel,
unfortunately the popup box is offset to left hand side of the screen too far, obscuring part of it. Is this due to my browser (Google Chrome) and is it possible to move it to the right slightly? Other than this, it works great, another useful addition.

There is a setting to disable the confirmation popup and change channel immediately if you so wish.

Ditto here (Safari, Mercury, and Chrome on iOS - not surprising as they all use the same rendering engine). Also Chrome on Win7.

Hi

Raydon, where is the setting to disable the confirmation popup and change channel immediately? I have looked in the EPG settings, but not found it?

It is in Web-If >> Settings >> General Settings >> Disable Channel Change Confirmation >> Y/N

Doh, Too late again :)

I don't think that disabling it was what Starbase was after. But it's OK on my W7 IE11 and FF

So I'll completely ignore post #12 that I was referring to that says "is it possible to move it to the right slightly?" then shall I as I thought that's what the OP was originally asking? No problem. Not my night is it. "Boing" said Zebedee. "Time for bed" said Florence. No, that's not right either.:frantic:

Back