Anyone had this? - gets stuck during switch-on

Just started the YouView box. When it came on, there were the following symptoms:

* Picture had a purple wash over it
* No sound
* No response to remote commands

So, I power cycled it and restarted it and it came on normally. I went to the menu and noticed it had checked for a software update today. I checked again manually, and sure enough it downloaded an update!

I am sure it has misbehaved before at the time of updates.

Stick your ear next to the box just after you have switched it back on and if, like myself, you can hear clicking or a noise that repeats over and over it will mean that you have a hard drive crash and lost your recordings. I fix PCs for a living so am unfortunately very familiar with the sound!
Ours is under warranty (I think!) so will be taking it back to John Lewis tomorrow.

My Humax which is just over 12 months old and out of warrent has just started to play up, First picture and sound would go (blank screen) while watching the Tv through the Humax, The blue power led was on and channel information was displayed on the Humax box but remote would not switch the box off, selecting source on tv remote to Tv i could watch programmes through the Tv freeview. Had to do a power switch off to get Humax HRD T1000 to work again.I have done two maintenance mode reset's deleted recordings but this did not clear the fault. Today Humax box would not come out of standby led orange with the remote having no effect, again another mains switch off and then box has come out of standy but have the nearly ready message on the screen for this last 2 hours and still on at present, another power switch off.I think this all started after the last software update that was downloaded for the HRD T1000

It's not silly, yes batteries were replaced, it will switch the Samsung TV on/off. As i said humax HRD t1000 would loose picture and sound while viewing, Remote no effect, power ring on front blue and having to go back to freeview on the telly, Did another maintenance mode reset and box up and running again for now, Have emailed Humax support stating what I said i said in my first link

Back