Aspect ratio stuck at 4:3 after recording/watching recording

When you mention setting repeat 'timers', is that some sort of 'reminder' function within the tv's guide?
The Sony has got reminder timers and I think that it may be possible to set these without having a USB device connected. All timers, whether for reminders or recording, are stored within the TV and not the USB device.

By repeat timers I am referring to timers that do not use series data from the broadcasters but instead record daily, weekly, Mon-Fri, Tue to Sat etc.

Regarding the light colours on the front of the tv, I only recall seeing it glow as 'white' when I switch into or out of Stand-by mode, rather than proper 'colours', but maybe that's because I've never recorded as described above or simply not noticed.
Yes it will be just white if it's not set up as a recorder. I was just trying to indicate that the TV gives sometimes gives you warning of not removing the USB while it is in use.

Ok, here's the latest update then FWIW:

I didn't change anything, at least not intentionally, but one time recently when I tried pressing the OPTIONS button on the tv remote whilst viewing via the Humax, I got into the screen set-up option and could adjust for watching 4:3 rpogrammes. Exiting then trying the HOME button was also successful. Now I'm positive I'd not changed any settings on either the tv or Humax box, but for some reason I was getting the results I should have been. Viewing programmes recorded in 4:3 was fine on the Humax, and switching to those recorded in 16:9 were also displayed correctly.

Since then however, 'it' - I'm not sure if the glitch is with the Sony or the Humax - has reverted to its previous situation whereby I'm no longer able to access the HOME or OPTIONS buttons while viewing via the Humax.

All very strange and more than a little frustrating.

This is in issue with your Sony TV although it is usual to not being able adjust the aspect ratio on the TV for an HDMI connected input.

Back