Assume v. Presume

The only reason they want your opinion is to see what bothers voters most then target those concerns with their future election canvassing and leafleting after which all those concerns will be ignored until they repeat the process again before the next election.

I agree with the comments from prpr, MikeSh and trog.
There was another mistake on the questionnaire.
Q4. Will having glass collected with the rest of your recycling make it easier for you to recycle glass?
  • Yes, it will make it easier
  • No, it will not make it easier
  • It will make not difference
  • Unsure
It appears that the decision to start kerbside glass recycling has already been made - so why ask for our opinions now? It's like most local consultations. A box ticking exercise to say "they've" done it. Then ignore the consultation and/or lie about the results and do what they'd already decided to do.

Will having glass collected with the rest of your recycling make it easier for you to recycle glass?
You mean it isn't collected at the moment? Weird.

Are they for some reason trying to fight the obvious fact that standardising what is collected and how will pay dividends? For what it's worth, Newport is one of the best in my experience. Two friends in different areas don't have food waste collected, it just goes into the general waste (stupid). And (so far, anyway) garden waste is collected as part of the deal, not charged for separately.

Mind you, the size of the domestic waste wheelie bins was reduced, then reduced to fortnightly, then three-weekly...

You mean it isn't collected at the moment? Weird.
No. I have to carry glass around 0.5 mile to the nearest Morrisons. Then I have to sort the glass into the bins based on the glass colour. I think I prefer that method to even more clutter on the pavements. What with cars, cyclists, runners, roadworks, bins, dogs and :poop: on the pavement it might be safer to walk on the road. Oh, scratch that - potholes!

Back