Assume v. Presume

I have never checked - but I've always believed that a dry sound is the raw sound - as recorded, unprocessed. A wet sound, I think, is one that has been processed. (At least, that's what it looks like when playing with Sound Forge).

What listener? I would assume that refers to the punter who listens to the final product.

Last edited:
What listener? I would assume that refers to the punter who listens to the final product.
Oh. So the average punter is going to be thinking "I wonder how the singer could sound so clear in such a wet acoustic with everything so heavily processed?" are they?

The really annoying thing is that a small Behringer mixer I own has a nice little system diagram and it's easy to understand how the signals come in and out and get mixed in what order. This huge desk (32 channels) I have access to is set up in (as far as I can see) a somewhat unconventional manner, and the manual is cryptic (lots like the example quoted). I asked Behringer whether they have a system diagram for it, and the answer was no (or at least nothing they were prepared to make public)!

Anyone with the experience to draw such a diagram would be doing the rest of us a great service. I would like to work it out, but my access to the unit is not unfettered.

No, he already had some bullstuff and fed them that.
I wonder if you can work out on which side of the political fence I sit. I will comment, but won't discuss.:frantic:

I wonder if you can work out on which side of the political fence I sit. I will comment, but won't discuss.:frantic:
Er, I don't think I (or anyone else) could work that out. :roflmao:
I used to sit in the middle of the fence. Didn't do my piles much good (and makes no difference in Rushcliffe, as Ken Clarke is a permanent fixture).:D

Going further OT and at risk of going more political ... I just wish that for once, given the timescale and rather important nature of Brexit, that these total w******s who claim to represent us would actually work together for the common good instead of devoting all their time and energy into trying to score some sort of brownie points for clever words. They are all t***s regardless of party.
That's all I'm saying on that :sleep:

Well said! But when did politicians ever have our interests at heart?

The tories must be mostly to blame, though. We didn't need a referendum, nor a change of leader, nor another election.

Back