Audio Description on my Foxsat HD recordings

cvas

Why are all the unencrypted HD recordings I make on my Foxsat HDR including the "Audio Description" on them, and does anyone know how to prevent this and also how to remove it?

Thanks for any help. I'm using the latest 'Raydon,' and 'settop' patch. Problems seems to be on BBC recordings, and the " Audio Description" only becomes evident when playing the recording back on something other than the HDR. eg. my computer.

There's nothing wrong here, other than the media player on your computer selecting the wrong audio stream. You will probably find a setting for it.

Why are all the unencrypted HD recordings I make on my Foxsat HDR including the "Audio Description" on them, and does anyone know how to prevent this and also how to remove it?

Thanks for any help. I'm using the latest 'Raydon,' and 'settop' patch. Problems seems to be on BBC recordings, and the " Audio Description" only becomes evident when playing the recording back on something other than the HDR. eg. my computer.

You don't need to remove it (it's a seperate MP2 track). If your media player software doesn't allow you to change to the primary audio track install the convertfiles package. This changes the precedence of the audio tracks so your player should select the correct track. This is the only way to stream HD files to a freetime box and get the correct audio (other than deleting the AD track and remuxing the file).

Thank you both very much for that very helpful advice...I'm learning fast, and have now sorted the problem out with your help. Thanks once again.

These wonderful packages (Raydon and SetTop Patch) have turned my trusty Humax Freesat into a brilliant versatile and indispensable piece of equipment. Ever since purchase, I was so disappointed that I could not get HD recordings our off the machine to the point that I rarely recorded in HD. Now, it's the perfect media centre as far as I'm concerned, and being able to take the recordings off the machine sat at my desk computer, I don't even need to upgrade the internal HD to a larger size.

Back