Audio/video buffer underrun???

Catriona66

I have just bought the Humas freesat HDR1000s box and the above message keeps appearing on certain channels. I am a complete novice and I don't even know if I have posted this question in the correct place! Can kind person out there help me please?

I have just bought the Humas freesat HDR1000s box and the above message keeps appearing on certain channels. I am a complete novice and I don't even know if I have posted this question in the correct place! Can kind person out there help me please?

Try entering 2580 from the remote next time it happens.

Try entering 2580 from the remote next time it happens.
Thanks for your reply, but I tried this and all is says is "Channel not available" so it hasn't changed the original problem. Any other ideas as to why we have this problem or perhaps another solution. Anyway thanks for trying to help.

Thanks for your reply, but I tried this and all is says is "Channel not available" so it hasn't changed the original problem. Any other ideas as to why we have this problem or perhaps another solution. Anyway thanks for trying to help.

When all else fails, make a note of your recording schedule and carry out a reset to factory defaults.

That is a bit cryptic, especially coming from you? :confused:

I read it somewhere :), it was from a reliable source by the way. No idea why it works or even if it does as I haven't come across the issue. Others have reported similar, so clearly there's some sort of bug. Trouble is no one so far seems to have been able to come up with a repeatable sequence of actions to create the problem.

Are you saying that when you read #2, that you completely understood it and had no questions about it?

What's to understand ? It seems a straight forward suggestion. Do you explain why every post you make works ?. Never seen anyone proposing a factory reset or pressing exit twice explaining how or why it works.

Asking questions about it is entirely diferent from understanding press 2580 on your remote.

Graham : My comment wasn't meant as an attack against you and your reply in #6 cleared up any questions I would have had, I just though the question in #7 sort of answered itself. I have slightly re-worded #8 to make my point

For information, a "buffer under-run" occurs when the data is being used faster than it is arriving.

Back