Aura comments (forked from Dead/Unwanted items)

So...

It would seem the Aura has issues switching between standard DVB-T multiplexes and DVB-T2 muxes.

It's hardly inspiring to potential customers.

The factory reset I used on the Aura (no disk format, preserves recordings :rolling: ) removed third party apps and any updates to the Freeview live (and probably other) apps
Yes, they are things added to the memory, not part of the core firmware that gets updated by (eg) Humax. Some devices may reinstall the core as well, but that needs a copy held somewhere, so if think was unusual.
Factory reset should put it in the state it would come out the factory if the firmware currently installed was the one being installed at the factory. If that makes sense ...

Factory reset should put it in the state it would come out the factory if the firmware currently installed was the one being installed at the factory. If that makes sense .
If you mean the firmware that would now be installed on a model produced today - that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that it reverts to an old version of of Freeview Live - a core app on a box for recording Freeview. (Maybe not, that app seems to get updated frequently - the core does not).

So...

It would seem the Aura has issues switching between standard DVB-T multiplexes and DVB-T2 muxes.

It's hardly inspiring to potential customers.
My TV is even worse at switching. By comparison the Aura works well!
Have you tried adjusting the settings in the Freeview Video & Audio menu - something to do with AVI if I recall correctly? It mentions flickering, but may be relevant.

What doesn't make sense is that it reverts to an old version of of Freeview Live - a core app on a box for recording Freeview.
That does make sense actually. As an 'official' Freeview box the core Freeview ?ware is probably installed as (if) part of the os. It's the updates that get tossed by a reset.

It's the same sort of thing with Android apps that are made compulsory by the device manufacturer (thank you Samsung for example). You can delete updates but not the basic app.

Back