Aura comments (forked from Dead/Unwanted items)

So...

It would seem the Aura has issues switching between standard DVB-T multiplexes and DVB-T2 muxes.

It's hardly inspiring to potential customers.

The factory reset I used on the Aura (no disk format, preserves recordings :rolling: ) removed third party apps and any updates to the Freeview live (and probably other) apps
Yes, they are things added to the memory, not part of the core firmware that gets updated by (eg) Humax. Some devices may reinstall the core as well, but that needs a copy held somewhere, so if think was unusual.
Factory reset should put it in the state it would come out the factory if the firmware currently installed was the one being installed at the factory. If that makes sense ...

Factory reset should put it in the state it would come out the factory if the firmware currently installed was the one being installed at the factory. If that makes sense .
If you mean the firmware that would now be installed on a model produced today - that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that it reverts to an old version of of Freeview Live - a core app on a box for recording Freeview. (Maybe not, that app seems to get updated frequently - the core does not).

So...

It would seem the Aura has issues switching between standard DVB-T multiplexes and DVB-T2 muxes.

It's hardly inspiring to potential customers.
My TV is even worse at switching. By comparison the Aura works well!
Have you tried adjusting the settings in the Freeview Video & Audio menu - something to do with AVI if I recall correctly? It mentions flickering, but may be relevant.

What doesn't make sense is that it reverts to an old version of of Freeview Live - a core app on a box for recording Freeview.
That does make sense actually. As an 'official' Freeview box the core Freeview ?ware is probably installed as (if) part of the os. It's the updates that get tossed by a reset.

It's the same sort of thing with Android apps that are made compulsory by the device manufacturer (thank you Samsung for example). You can delete updates but not the basic app.

I did a Freeview reset and manual retune a week ago, which cleared out the redundant discontinued channels... The WiFi is switched off on the box, and the EPG continually nags about connecting to get the catchup and backwards EPG.

The Aura seems to be behaving, and is in deep sleep as usual. So, every few weeks (whenever they launch/delete channels) are we expected to retune everything to ensure the box behaves? Seems a bit drastic... I thought 'Freeview Play Specification' channel changes were supposed to be handled with elan, flair and decorum.

I did a Freeview reset and manual retune a week ago, which cleared out the redundant discontinued channels... The WiFi is switched off on the box, and the EPG continually nags about connecting to get the catchup and backwards EPG.

The Aura seems to be behaving, and is in deep sleep as usual. So, every few weeks (whenever they launch/delete channels) are we expected to retune everything to ensure the box behaves? Seems a bit drastic... I thought 'Freeview Play Specification' channel changes were supposed to be handled with elan, flair and decorum.
Did you see the result of my issue in this thread that you replied to before ? https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/scheduled-recordings-failed.11304/
A channel retune did not seem to solve the issue but after pulling the plug on the Aura a few days later connecting it again solved the problem. Maybe just a channel scan then powering off is all that's needed without a Freeview reset.

Yes I saw your thread, but I imagine it is down to the monthly multitude of channels giving up their space, other channels taking their place, and generally hopping around the multiplexes. Personally, I think this confuses the Aura no end.

First failed recording, and probably a crash overnight, since the factory reset. Recently I've been switching to BBC1(SD) and turning off any network connections before putting it into standby. Last night forgot and left it on Dave (network off). Didn't record something overnight (allegedly a power failure - BS), didn't switch on at reminder time and when manually powered up displayed one of the menu screens. Hope it's not going to do this every day, again. Factory reset is not something I want to do every month.

My Aura 1TB lost all recordings yesterday, including some "locked" ones, although the disk usage figure suggests that they are still on the Hard Drive.

Coincidentally it also popped up a message that a recording failed due to a loss of power, but indications suggest there was no loss of power to the house.

It's so annoying. It's the 4th Humax I've owned (previously 9200T, 9300T, 4000T) but this Aura seems the most temperamental.

I've just switched off and pulled out the mains plug, made a cup of coffee, then switched on again and there's still no recordings. So I re-formatted the Hard Drive and will keep my fingers crossed.

. So I re-formatted the Hard Drive and will keep my fingers crossed
:eek:
That might have been premature. IIRC there are instances of recording reappearing
I'm not sure they'll spontaneously reappear.
When I had problems with the Aura and did a factory reset it said recordings will be preserved. Bull:poop:! But, the space was still taken up as in paul4's case. With a bit of poking around I found the recordings and all StdDef ones could be salvaged (to PC).(There may be ways to salvage HiDef, but I couldn't be bothered to investigate as I rarely record HiDef). If paul4 had asked first we may have been able to do the same. Having re-formatted the disk they will have gone!

Thanks guys, but with the Olympics just started we wanted to get things working (as far as we could) since lost recordings in our case were not very important to us (g'kids may disagree). Premature action is what I do I'm afraid, up until 2am trying to sort this LOL

Our 4000T (with 200 StdDef recordings) developed a ticking hard drive so I bought the Aura. What I found was that the ticking stopped and all seemed to work. So I have both the 4000T and the Aura side by side, and if we want (g'kids want) recordings from the 4000T we have a foil-lined cardboard shield we place over the Aura so any remote control usage doesn't drive the wrong device.

I've never had success salvaging to a PC (but that I use linux on all my PCs may be an issue?)

I've never had success salvaging to a PC (but that I use linux on all my PCs may be an issue?)
Wouldn't have thought that would have been a problem. All that is required is an ftp server on the PC and a third-party app on the Aura that does file management and can connect to the ftp server on PC. I'm sure linux can cope. (My *nix [Unix/Linux/Ultrix] experience is limited and out-of-date!)

Can you not adjust the remote controls so they only control their own box ?
You'd think so.
(But my Aura remote seems to turn the 5000T on sometimes even though I have set the remotes/Humaxes so as not to interfere with each other - very minor irritation)

Back