Aura UHD android TV recorder November launch

Apologies if this is a question that may be covered elsewhere on the Forum but Is it possible to transfer recordings from a HDR-FOX T2 to the new Aura PVR?

Apologies if this is a question that may be covered elsewhere on the Forum but Is it possible to transfer recordings from a HDR-FOX T2 to the new Aura PVR?
Best guess is "yes" (in as much as we can do practically whatever we like with an HDR-FOX, and the Aura is most likely able to import media even if not export it).

No but you can access recordings on a usb drive using an android media player like MX player. If you copy them to a PC and open in chrome. It has a cast window that can cast to the Aura built in chromecast

They will of course need to be decrypted.

Other option is set up a plex server on say a laptop. The Aura has plex installed by default. Kodi can also be added.

No but you can access recordings on a usb drive using an android media player like MX player.
Is there anything that would prevent you using an Android app to copy recordings from a USB stick, networked drive, or web URL onto the hard drive?

And vice versa, though recordings made by the Aura would almost certainly be encrypted.

Which app would you suggest?
I dunno specificity, but I know Buffalo supply apps that allow you to access NAS storage from android devices.
The video review implied the Aura wasn't too tightly locked down with respect to app installation.

Can't import at all? What about as a download (from a web link*)?

* Recordings downloaded from the HDR-FOX custom web interface do not have to be decrypted first, if necessary they will be decrypted in the process of serving them.
None that I can find. Sadly the plex client is not the latest with framerate matching so 24Hz content is very jerky. A 4K firestick or similar is the best option. No netflix either. There is no dlna client either so nothing to serve to other than plex or Kodi.

Last edited:
No browser apps in the play store?
There's one I think. The number of apps is very limited. I doubt you can view anything on the HDD. You can view recordings on mobile kit. The dedicated Aura app is not yet available. You have to convert the recordings which reduces the resolution of HD recordings to 720x 576. VLC can play the converted content on my phone.

Which app would you suggest?

File Manager +

EDIT
I have a 8MB apk file (5MB when zipped) of this App. If it's of any use, too big to be uploaded

grahamlthompson Said :-​

There's one I think. The number of apps is very limited

The reviews say the Aura has the Google Play Store so it should have access to all Android Apps, there may be some compatibility checks made before downloading is allowed, but I also understand it is possible to 'side load' *.apk files if auto-download is not allowed, the Google App. Store has a lot of browsers available

Last edited:
File Manager +

EDIT
I have a 8MB apk file (5MB when zipped) of this App. If it's of any use, too big to be uploaded

The reviews say the Aura has the Google Play Store so it should have access to all Android Apps, there may be some compatibility checks made before downloading is allowed, but I also understand it is possible to 'side load' *.apk files if auto-download is not allowed, the Google App. Store has a lot of browsers available

Get real I have a box it's clear you do not.

There is no Now-TV other than from a mobile device, There is no netflix and no way to sideload it. (acknowledged by Humax). Amazon Prime works but lacks the frame rate matching found on a 4K firestick. Kodi is available. But loading the the Vbox TV gateway IP server that works on all my other android kit results in the kodi home screen instantly closing. Plex is way below the 4K firestick version.

The version of playstore available to the aura (FVP-4KGTR). Is nothing like the choice available on a mobile android phone or a 4K firestick.

Other issues.

Putting the box into long push Low power sby,( less than 0.5W) which when wakes up to record fails to return to low power sby.

Support for text subtitles withdrawn despite closure being extended,

Other Humax remotes in code set1 also operate some functions of the box.

It has a dual bluetooth remote. It needs to be paired in bluetooth mode to use voice assist. It responds to infra red as well.

I can only suggest you get one and report as a beta tester based on actual experience.

Hopefully Humax will address these issues. But with UK staff in lockdown and to some extent relying on S Korea it's likely to take some time.

The video review specifically mentions the ability to sideload apps that are not available from the app store

I know I have tried it using apps to fire. All failed at the last stage. As I said get one and try it.

Buy one from a source you can return it if it fails to meet your expactations return it. Lots have - try a google search.

Do not shoot the messenger. What more can I say. Down to you lot to buy one and make your own mind up.

Looking forward to your posts ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm....this looks like the closest thing yet to tempt me away from the HDR-Fox T2:

No ad skipping of course, but most of the other features that I want/need seem to be there.

Any views?

There is ad skipping both forward and reverse with user settings for both.

More extensive than the other boxes,

From memory, 7 seconds to up to 240 seconds, Cannot get at my box at the moment to check. There is however lots of options including all and more found on a FVP-5000T.

I will post a photo tomorow if I remember.

Last edited:
I thought that was the point of the discussion. Until we have data, we don't know what's reasonable - but it is reasonable to have expected an Android OS device to do what Android devices in general do. Certainly I would have expected it to display a web page as a very basic function, and be able to download.

I have a box it's clear you do not.
Clearly, so we are relying on somebody who does to provide information. If you don't want to, then just don't.

Back