Aura UHD android TV recorder November launch

On Aura, casting couldn’t be easier, from any compatible smart device, select the cast icon and choose Aura*.

*When connected to your home network.
:rolling: I've never known casting to be easy or reliable, and this is Humax we're talking about!

Watch videos, play music or view photos on the big screen.

USB 3.0 Playback*
Plug and Play any FAT 32 formatted USB or Hard Drive to access your own media content.
FAT32? What ****ing good is that for UHD??

Box looks nice, remote looks ugly, up to 4 simultaneous recordings , 2TB option and price could make me a buyer even if I have no need for the google bs but it all boils down to how good or bad Humax has made its interface, I look forward to hearing some reviews.

This seems to have been posted without knowledge of the existing thread on the same subject, no doubt both were posted elsewhere and moved into this new section of the forum.

What will be interesting to find out is whether there is any possibility of installing additional apps onto the Aura box itself and what we can do with the recordings.

Presumably they are required by licence to encrypt at least HD recordings but they do say
or download recordings straight to your device to take on the go.
will that be a decrypted recording playable on any device/app or an encrypted recording playable only through the Aura app?

Hmmm....this looks like the closest thing yet to tempt me away from the HDR-Fox T2:

No ad skipping of course, but most of the other features that I want/need seem to be there.

Any views?
Why do you say "No ad skipping of course"?

Why do you say "No ad skipping of course"?
I guess because it won't have the CF capability to detect the start and end of adverts. Not that it won't have skip forward and back buttons of preset times - although I note Sky controls don't have buttons like that and you have to use scrubbing.

I doubt commercial manufacturers, relying on agreements with content providers, would be permitted to easily cut out adverts!

It is when they work out a way of stopping me muting my sound system when the ads come on that I will really start worrying! :eek:

No ad skipping of course, but most of the other features that I want/need seem to be there.
That may depend on what you mean by ad skipping.
It could be like the FVP-4000T/5000T where you jump forward, or back, by using the right/left buttons with the timebar displayed.

I guess because it won't have the CF capability to detect the start and end of adverts. Not that it won't have skip forward and back buttons of preset times - although I note Sky controls don't have buttons like that and you have to use scrubbing.

I doubt commercial manufacturers, relying on agreements with content providers, would be permitted to easily cut out adverts!
Well, looking at the remote, it does not seem to have a skip forward button...

Which is why I posted how the FVP-4000T/5000T manages it without a skip forward button, (post #13).
IIRC that's how it was done on the 9200 a decade or two ago.
But I rarely RC these days so it might have been something else.

IIRC that's how it was done on the 9200 a decade or two ago.
But I rarely RC these days so it might have been something else.
Sort of, but for a different function. The 9200 had dedicated buttons under the flap (to the left and right of the slow motion button) for skip back and forward. The Timebar part of the 9200 programme navigation was to jump in time by moving a pin along the timebar in the same was as the HDR-FOX T2 and HDR-2000T/1800T work..

Back