Aura UHD android TV recorder November launch

I'm confused by what you are saying, what happens when you press the central up button when you are at the top of the guide, does it just nudge up 1 line to the channel above it or does it jump to a whole new page?

No it jumps to the bottom of the epg list. If you are at the top of the epg there no other channels to go up to. If you aren't at the top of the epg up just goes up to the channel above where you are. Like the poster who wanted this to happen in the recordings list. Pressing down again once jumps back to the top of the epg. Channel 001 BBC1- SD is the lowest channel number and the epg is displayed lowest to highest as normal. so on 0001 there is no channel 000 to go up to (up in the epg is going down in channel numbers).

Last edited:
Seems pretty pointless recording a programme that has already started without the beginning. so I never bother.
Allow for the possibility that other people have other preferences. No acknowledgement that you could have expressed yourself more clearly then (much like the 4K thing)?

I understand that if there are no channels above it would jump to the bottom of the list which is good, but what if there are channels above, does it nudge up one line or do a page throw?

I understand that if there are no channels above it would jump to the bottom of the list which is good, but what if there are channels above, does it nudge up one line or do a page throw?

One at a time. The page up/down uses the channel up down keys to page up and down.

Allow for the possibility that other people have other preferences. No acknowledgement that you could have expressed yourself more clearly then (much like the 4K thing)?

As I appear to be the only one here with the box seems I am the only option. I have no objection if asked politely to clarify but certainly not when faced with "You mean you can't record a programme which has already started? Sheesh. " that's just plain ignorant and rude like many of your posts.

Thanks Graham, so all I really want is a way to easily list the recordings by oldest first. Presumably yellow allowed that then.
-Mat

Sadly not. The list is ordered earliest to oldest. No way to invert the order. The box does have auto deletion of oldest to make space for new. You would have to use the page down option to find the oldest. Currently the oldest I have is recording 60 5 News at 5 30 mins recorded 1700 Friday 4th December it's a series reservation so will constantly add newer ones. The series picks up lunch time and news at 5.

Sadly not. The list is ordered earliest to oldest. No way to invert the order. The box does have auto deletion of oldest to make space for new. You would have to use the page down option to find the oldest. Currently the oldest I have is recording 60 5 News at 5 30 mins recorded 1700 Friday 4th December it's a series reservation so will constantly add newer ones. The series picks up lunch time and news at 5.
Well that's annoying. Same as the 5000t then. We're record a lot so don't always have time to watch it all. I have stuff that's 18 months old. Takes a long time to scroll down to it 😉
-Mat

Well that's annoying. Same as the 5000t then. We're record a lot so don't always have time to watch it all. I have stuff that's 18 months old. Takes a long time to scroll down to it 😉
-Mat

I have suggested an extra option either invert the yellow sort or an extra sort oldest first option. Not sure if Humax will consider it I can only ask. They are suffering with a covid spike in S Korea much like we are.

but certainly not when faced with "You mean you can't record a programme which has already started? Sheesh. " that's just plain ignorant and rude like many of your posts.
And admitting that you are wrong occasionally would be a 'good thing' rather than just rudely ignoring your mistakes when pointed out, 4k thing and renumbering Freeview to mention just two.

And admitting that you are wrong occasionally would be a 'good thing' rather than just rudely ignoring your mistakes when pointed out, 4k thing and renumbering Freeview to mention just two.

Last time I looked on iplayer there was no 4K HLG content. I should have checked. I did do a search on 4K which found no HLG content. The search did not find the HLG series. So I posted in good faith. Just bog standard 2160p content.

You mean in the same way BH ignores his mistakes, Jupiter pic and CF question just to mention two.

You mean in the same way BH ignores his mistakes, Jupiter pic and CF question just to mention two.

He also thinks Enigma 2/open Vix based multituner pvrs don't exist. After I suggested this as the all singing dancing multituner pvr. Funny Word of satellite have dozens. Then some idiot objected they were too expensive. They have been around for at least two years. There some posts around with photos of the recordings showing content from Freeview and FTA HD content in the same combined list. Channel numbers and ordering are freely changed instead of being

eg https://www.world-of-satellite.com/

Is this a figment of my imagination

When in the guide and you are on say ITV, which will be at the top, what happens when you press the central up button to get to BBC1, does it just nudge up a line at a time (like HDR) or does it jump a whole page?. That is one of the many peeves I have with my 4000. In it's earlier firmwares it behaved the same as the HDR, then they made a change which made it jump a whole page instead of nudging up a line at a time.

I know I can just type 101 to put BBC1 to the top, but I like to be able to nudge a line at a time.
When you are in the guide, the highlighted channel is the fourth of the seven displayed. When you press the up button, it does nudge up a line at a time, but the highlighted channel is still the fourth of the seven displayed. This behaviour continues until the highlighted channel is CH4, then further up button presses move the highlighted channel line to itv, BBC TWO, then BBC ONE. The next up button press takes you to the highest channel number at the bottom of the screen. Three more up button presses take the highlighted channel to the middle of the guide (line 4), then further presses nudge up a line at a time with the highlighted channel remaining the fourth of seven displayed.

Seems pretty pointless recording a programme that has already started without the beginning. so I never bother. You can invariably watch the complete programme using the catch up options. Often within a short time from the backwards epg
I don't agree. If you start watching a film, but need to do something else part way through, it makes a load of sense to press the instant record button, given that films rarely make it to catchup.

Not going to bother anymore you lot can go elsewhere to ask about the Aura.
Well, I have one, and I managed to nudge it into freeze mode once again. I have an HDMI switch between inputs and TV, with audio return to my amp via optical. All I did was change the audio settings on the switch to 7.1, from 5.1. No picture or sound, the Aura menus were working fine, just no signal out. After several attempts to disconnect HDMI cables, turn things on and off, etc, I eventually switched back to 5.1 and power cycled the Aura to restore it.

So, is it HDMI/HDCP problems causing these outages?

Back