Auto Backup / Restore Stopped

I would find it very useful if the restore process included a means to list all the service I don't want and delete them en-bloc.

...bearing in mind that listing the services I do want is not the same, because new services would get automatically deleted.

Indeed.

autodel.png

That looks useful, even though there is only one channel to delete when I perform a manual tune of the HD mux.:)

Try:

Code:
humax# opkg install http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/test/channeldel_1.0.0_mipsel.opk

By default it will remove the streaming channels which don't work (and can cause problems) on the Humax - they'll be pre-populated in the list. If you add the other ones you don't want to the list then they will be removed on the next boot and automatically following any retune.

The settings screen is accessed via the standard Settings page, under Automatic Channel Deletion.

The scrollbar on the Channels listbox is always disabled. The whole page scrolls instead, which is a nuisance when you want to get rid of things at the bottom of the list as you have to keep scrolling the whole page back to the top to find the arrow button.

If I manually edit the list to add an asterisk, the next time I try to add a channel from the right hand list it disappears from that list but does not make it to the left hand list.

The scrollbar on the Channels listbox is always disabled. The whole page scrolls instead, which is a nuisance when you want to get rid of things at the bottom of the list as you have to keep scrolling the whole page back to the top to find the arrow button.

You can select multiple channels at a time using the control key then scroll back up and move them across. I think it's more useful to be able to see the entire channel list at once rather than having to scroll. I can look at floating the arrow button down the screen as you scroll.

If I manually edit the list to add an asterisk, the next time I try to add a channel from the right hand list it disappears from that list but does not make it to the left hand list.
Strange but the same thing happens here. If I go back out to Settings then back in the asterisk is still there and the arrow works again. Not sure what's going on.

Edit: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4722914/jquery-append-not-appending-to-textarea-after-text-edited
I'll fix that this evening.

You can select multiple channels at a time using the control key then scroll back up and move them across.
I know...
I think it's more useful to be see the entire channel list at once rather than having to scroll.
OK, but can the disabled scroll bar be removed then (as it serves no purpose)?
Why is the left box a different style to the right box? It looks odd, and has a scroll bar! I think it needs to be consistent.
I can look at floating the arrow button down the screen as you scroll.
That would be nice.

Why is the left box a different style to the right box? It looks odd, and has a scroll bar! I think it needs to be consistent.

The left box is a <textarea> whilst the right is a <select> list.

What is the benifit of deleting channels over having a favourites list?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I prefer favourites lists rather than deleting channels, once deleted a channel can't be recovered without a re-tune, (as far as I know) , also having a favourites list allows re-ordering of channels. I realise this didn't answer your question but, starting a post "I don't know the answer to your question but . . . " is not good idea :)

I don't know the answer to your question but....

I also have a Topfield 5810. This is notoriously low on memory. When running MyStuff and other TAPS, available memory can fall to a critical level causing various problems. The advice is to delete unwanted channels as opposed to just using a favourite list. I think it is because of the extra EPG data that has to be manipulated. I don't think this would apply on the 5810 just running native firmware.

A bit of waffle there, but hey, I feel better for it. Therapeutic you could say!

What is the benifit of deleting channels over having a favourites list?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Personal preference I think.

I started off with a favourites list (as I'd had on our 9200) but found that the HDR quite often decided to revert back to the full listing (a known problem apparently) which required faffing about to get the favourites list back again. When this happened to SWMBO life became fraught.

So once I loaded the custom firmware and discovered the channel renumbering package I very quickly started dumping the really unwanted stuff (mainly pay for, adult and shopping channels) and then renumbering the often used to the low numbers (replacing 1-4 with the HD channels) and the 'hardly ever' and 'maybe sometime' channels to the higher numbers. So now it's bulletproof - ish!

wallace : I also have a Topfield 5810. This is notoriously low on memory
I had (still have) a Humax 8000T that suffered from the same problem, you really did have to choose which items appeared in the EPG for fear of the whole thing not working, however I don't think that is the case with the HDR even with CFW

Back