AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 for the Humax HDR Fox T2

Thanks Raydon.

I think a command line version of this tool that can run on the HDR T2 would be very useful. I've moved a lot of my old MythTV recordings onto my new HDR T2, and they all need indexing! I'd quite like to have a go at this myself.

Do you have any documentation for the .nts file format? I've found this, but it doesn't quite agree with the files AV2HDR produces. E.g., the counter byte behaves differently. How do you feel about releasing the source code to AV2HDR?

Thanks Raydon.

I think a command line version of this tool that can run on the HDR T2 would be very useful. I've moved a lot of my old MythTV recordings onto my new HDR T2, and they all need indexing! I'd quite like to have a go at this myself.

Do you have any documentation for the .nts file format? I've found this, but it doesn't quite agree with the files AV2HDR produces. E.g., the counter byte behaves differently. How do you feel about releasing the source code to AV2HDR?
Hi njm,

A portover to a comand line version that runs on the T2 itself would not be feasible as the utiity is written in Visual C# and runs under Microsoft .NET framework.
Here's the format for HDR T2 nts files you requested.
Sorry, but I will not be releasing the source code to AV2HDR. Best of luck with your endeavours.

raydon

Code:
MPEG2 - 32 byte entries

Offset        Purpose                                      Value
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0x00  3 bytes    Offset from Seq. header to current frame.    Address of this frame minus address of Sequence header.
0x03  1 byte    Frame Type                    0x01 = I-Frame, 0x02 = P-Frame, 0x03 = B-Frame.
0x04  1 byte    SD/HD flag                    0x20 = SD.
0x05  1 byte    Picture sequence frame count            0 to 12 (13 frames) for first count only, then 3 to 14 (12 frames) after that.
0x06  2 byte    Offset from Seq. header to first frame.        Address of first frame in Sequence minus address of Sequence header.
0x08  8 bytes    Picture header address.                Address of this frame.
0x10  4 bytes    Presentation TimeStamp (PTS)            The first 32 bits of PES PTS.
0x14  4 bytes    Frame size.                    Address of next frame minus address of this frame.
0x18  4 bytes    Played Time                    Played time in milliseconds.
0x1C  4 bytes    Unused                        N/A

H264 - 64 byte entries

Offset        Purpose                                      Value
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0x00  3 bytes    Offset from PicParamSet to current SEI.        Address of SEI preceding current frame minus address of last PicParamSet.
0x03  1 byte    Frame Type                    0x01 = I-Frame, 0x02 = P-Frame, 0x03 = B-Frame.
0x04  1 byte    HD Flag                        0x30 = HD.
0x05  1 byte    Picture sequence frame count.            Starts at zero for first count only, then starts at 1 after that. Consequently the last 0x08 entry of each count sequence contains the address of first SEI of the next sequence.
0x06  2 bytes    Offset from PicParamSet to first SEI.        Address of first SEI in sequence minus address of last PicParamSet.
0x08  8 bytes    SEI address.                    Address of SEI preceding the frame.
0x10  4 bytes    Presentation TimeStamp (PTS)            The first 32 bits of PES PTS.
0x14  4 bytes    Frame size.                    Address of the AUD immediately after frame minus address of SEI preceding the frame.
0x18  4 bytes    Played Time.                    Played time in milliseconds for timebar display.
0x1C  4 bytes    Unused                        N/A
0x20  4 bytes    HeaderEndSize                    Address of SEI minus address of last SeqParamSet
0x24  4 bytes    ExtDistance                    Address of last PicParamSet minus address of last SeqParamSet
0x28 24 bytes    Unused                        N/A

All values are in reverse byte order (little endian)

Hello Raydon

I have done exactly as member Gunjin did, above, processing an mkv file using txmuxer then using your utility AV2HDR to add the supporting files. However when attempting to copy the files to my HDR T2 via usb/portable HDD, the folder containing the ts,hmt and nts files appears to be empty although the HDR T2 media menu says 1 file is present. Oddly, if I just process the mkv file using TSmuxer only , then the humax will see it copy it over and play it, but not, of course, with ff or rw capability. Do you have any idea why the humax might not recognise the file?

I've never had any luck with this tool.
I have just recorded 30 or so seconds of BBC1 on the Humax, decrypted, converted to .MPG and then tried to run that file through AV2HDR-T2.
The output is just not usable - the .MPG input file is about 16.5MB; the output .NTS file is 0 bytes; the output .TS file is about 1.6MB; the output .HMT looks about right at 3K.
Is there any chance you can take a look and see what might be wrong please?
I've dumped the whole lot here.
Hi prpr, I've had a look at your source mpg and noted that it contains a single 'system stream' containing muxed audio and video. The remuxer in AV2HDR-T2 cannot handle streams of this type so that's why it baulked and you got a truncated .ts file in the output. You didn't say which application you are using to convert your video but if it has a setting to output a program stream containg packetised elementary streams (PES) instead of a system stream you should try that. Or better still try and convert to .ts format. If that's not possible you will need to demux the streams manually using a system stream demuxer like mpegdemux-0.1.4 or similar, then remux them back together using tsMuxeR. The resulting .ts file will work with AV2HDR-T2.

I used the Web-If to convert the .ts to .mpg, so it just uses bog-standard Ffmpeg as compiled for the T2. I've no idea what a 'system stream' is, nor how to tell, nor how to generate one or whatever a 'non-system stream' is. Perhaps you can expand?
AV2HDR-T2 refuses to process both this .mpg and the original .ts as recorded. There's no point trying to convert .ts to .mpg to .ts again just to try it as I know it won't work. In fact, I struggle to find anything that it WILL work with. Nothing I've tried so far does.
Nowhere does it say anything about any of this in your documentation. It says what will work and as far as I'm aware, the files I've tried to use it with meet these requirements.

I got mpegdemux working on the Humax but tsMuxeR looks like 4 year old abandonware with no source available, so it obviously doesn't work on the T2. Surely there must be other ways of re-muxing. I'd have thought Ffmpeg would remux., but obviously it generates the 'wrong sort of mux.'.
All this is horridly convoluted - I just want a simple workflow for regenerating the sidecar files, not all this palaver.

This renders AV2HDR-T2 as useless-ware I'm afraid. What on earth type of files, generated on what, did you develop it against?
Sorry, but I'm rather frustrated with all this.

I used the Web-If to convert the .ts to .mpg, so it just uses bog-standard Ffmpeg as compiled for the T2.
Are you saying you converted a .ts file created on the T2 to an mpg, then want to convert it back to a .ts with sidecar files playable on the T2 ?
I've no idea what a 'system stream' is, nor how to tell, nor how to generate one or whatever a 'non-system stream' is. Perhaps you can expand?
AV2HDR-T2 refuses to process both this .mpg and the original .ts as recorded. There's no point trying to convert .ts to .mpg to .ts again just to try it as I know it won't work. In fact, I struggle to find anything that it WILL work with. Nothing I've tried so far does.
Nowhere does it say anything about any of this in your documentation. It says what will work and as far as I'm aware, the files I've tried to use it with meet these requirements.
MPG and TS are just container formats and unfortunately not all of them conform strictly to their definitions so they don't always contain what it says on the tin. AV2HDR-T2 tries its best at deciphering what it's given but it doesn't always succeed.
I got mpegdemux working on the Humax but tsMuxeR looks like 4 year old abandonware with no source available, so it obviously doesn't work on the T2. Surely there must be other ways of re-muxing. I'd have thought Ffmpeg would remux., but obviously it generates the 'wrong sort of mux.'.
All this is horridly convoluted - I just want a simple workflow for regenerating the sidecar files, not all this palaver.
Where does it say you need to run mpegdemux and tsMuxeR on the T2 itself ? mpegdemux is available pre-compiled as a Windows binary. Likewise tsMuxeR and its graphical front end, tsMuxerGUI, is available for Windows, Linux and Mac.
This renders AV2HDR-T2 as useless-ware I'm afraid. What on earth type of files, generated on what, did you develop it against?
Sorry, but I'm rather frustrated with all this.
Believe it or not, it was developed using Humax Foxsat HDR's native .ts files, and later ported over to the HDR Fox T2. Av2HDR-T2 can, and does, correctly remux, then build the sidecar files for any unencrypted SD .ts file exported from the T2. It can do the same for an unencrypted HD .ts file. Unfortunately, because an HD recording contains AAC audio streams (which AV2HDR-T2 cannot handle) you end up with a recording that will play back on the T2 but without any audio. In this case you need to demux the streams, convert AAC to AC3 then remux again. I'm sorry that in your frustration, you feel the need to publicly condemn AV2HDR-T2 as being "useless-ware" and it certainly does nothing to help your request for assistance. However, there are many others who have found AV2HDR-T2 very useful indeed, so I'll try not to take it personally. Maybe they can better help you succeed in your endeavours.

Are you saying you converted a .ts file created on the T2 to an mpg, then want to convert it back to a .ts with sidecar files playable on the T2 ?

MPG and TS are just container formats and unfortunately not all of them conform strictly to their definitions so they don't always contain what it says on the tin. AV2HDR-T2 tries its best at deciphering what it's given but it doesn't always succeed.

Where does it say you need to run mpegdemux and tsMuxeR on the T2 itself ? mpegdemux is available pre-compiled as a Windows binary. Likewise tsMuxeR and its graphical front end, tsMuxerGUI, is available for Windows, Linux and Mac.

Believe it or not, it was developed using Humax Foxsat HDR's native .ts files, and later ported over to the HDR Fox T2. Av2HDR-T2 can, and does, correctly remux, then build the sidecar files for any unencrypted SD .ts file exported from the T2. It can do the same for an unencrypted HD .ts file. Unfortunately, because an HD recording contains AAC audio streams (which AV2HDR-T2 cannot handle) you end up with a recording that will play back on the T2 but without any audio. In this case you need to demux the streams, convert AAC to AC3 then remux again. I'm sorry that in your frustration, you feel the need to publicly condemn AV2HDR-T2 as being "useless-ware" and it certainly does nothing to help your request for assistance. However, there are many others who have found AV2HDR-T2 very useful indeed, so I'll try not to take it personally. Maybe they can better help you succeed in your endeavours.
I've used AV2HDR-T2 lots of times and found it to be really useful.

Having transferred over 500GB of recordings previously made on my Topfield 5810 to my new Hummy HDR, I have found the need to use AV2HDR to add those 'little extras', (FF, Rwd, etc...), to the converted files. FWIW, I used VideoReDo to convert from the Topfield native .rec format to the Hummy's .ts.

I notice that AV2HDR v2.0 is available for the Foxsat. It looks good and has the ability to directly FTP the new files to the Foxsat HDR.

The HDR Fox-T2 (Freeview) version is still at v1.0 and is without the FTP ability.

Have I missed something here or is that right? Is it possible that a new version is/will be available that does have the FTP ability?

AV2HDR is a great program so many thanks to Raydon.

EDIT:
I am not sure if this is posted in the correct forum. Mods please feel free to move...

If this is the wrong discuusion to discuss problems with AV2HDR-T2, I apologise and would apreciate being educated. I have been using the latest version downloaded from this site on Friday. My problem is that all my family have 9300Ts (16 units) which have filled up their 500G disks with approximatly 150 recordings each, so I realy need to automate the transfer of files. I tried using the 9300T's .ts file (188 byte packets) as an input but the resulting .ts files do not play on the HDR-FOX T2 or VLC. If I use HDTV to DVD or FFmpeg to create a .mpg and then use this as aa an input I get a playable file. What information would I need to provide to have this problem fixed as the 9300T files are all around 1G in size so posting an example file is problematic ?

With every other format I tried it worked splendedly, apart from one. I have "reduced" dvds (VOBs demuxed to extract only the mpeg2 video stream and the ac3 english language track and then remuxed to mpg). They play and you can fast forward but not skip forward, and you can not resume play. The time bar's end time shows xx:yy where xx is the duration hours and yy is the duration minutes but it shows the position at the end. Using the sidecar package on the HDR-FOX T2 changes nothing in the hmt file and the byte that "counts" in the other one is one larger in the sidecar generated files. Getting sidecar (package downloaded today) to regenerate the files has no effect on the symptoms. This is just an aside for me. I have the file format web pages downloaded but have not checked for anything obviosly wrong. Again, what information do you want to fix this ?

As I stated above, this is MY problem, I do have a work around for a single file, but the request for a CLI version has already been made but some form of batch processing would be usefull to me. All the information the GUI requests can be extracted from the 9300T files, so could be put in a formated text file of some sort. Any help would be greatly apreciated but you have a perfect right to say "no" and give no reasons.

Again, what information do you want to fix this ?
The problem may well be that the author of AV2HDR was user Raydon and he hasn't visited this site in 16 months. If no one else has the source code then making changes is likely to be impossible.

If this is the wrong discuusion to discuss problems with AV2HDR-T2
I think you are wasting your time with it, but then I would, having had past history with this thing.
The author is seemingly long gone and there was never anything wrong with his code anyway... apparently.
My problem is that all my family have 9300Ts (16 units) which have filled up their 500G disks with approximatly 150 recordings each, so I realy need to automate the transfer of files. I tried using the 9300T's .ts file (188 byte packets) as an input but the resulting .ts files do not play on the HDR-FOX T2 or VLC.
As you appear to be running the CF, have you tried the hrwconv package?

Thanks for the point at hrwconv. I found it's discussion and it had the "magic incantation" for FFmpeg (CLI parameters) so I tried remuxing an example file on my PC (1.78 seconds execution time), uploaded it to the HDR-FOX T2 via ftp, and ran sidecar on it (10 minutes 53 seconds execution time). The uploaded file worked perfectly so i downloaded the hrwconv package to my laptop but have not installed it on the HDicussR-FOX T2. Scaling the sidecar times to a full 500G disk would give 120 hours!

As my PC has approximatly 200 times the processing power of the HDR-FOX T2, I was going to see what the execution times of sidecar for linux was on it, but the link on the wiki page ... eventually says the server hosting the file is down for maintenance please try again later!

It would also be useful to have the script embeded in hrwconv rather than re-invent it for a PC (if it turns out to be a good time saving).

If I continue down this path then this discussion is the wrong place to seek advice (way off topic) so I wish to be educated about where to post further if I need more help or advice. However this is the correct discussion to thank prpr for turning the light at the end of the tunnel back on after MartinLiddle correctly pointed out that the light at the end of the tunnel had been turned off due to budget cuts (preverbially speaking).

As my PC has approximatly 200 times the processing power of the HDR-FOX T2, I was going to see what the execution times of sidecar for linux was on it
It'll be significantly quicker. Well worth doing IMHO.
It would also be useful to have the script embeded in hrwconv rather than re-invent it for a PC (if it turns out to be a good time saving).
You should be able to just pull that straight off the Humax - /mod/bin/hrwconv - and then it just needs a few tweaks. The two obvious lines at the top of the file and then "/mod/bin/trm" can be replaced with just "rm". It's a shame that wasn't made a variable as well xyz321 .
I wish to be educated about where to post further if I need more help or advice.
Just start your own thread in the Customised section.

I know this is an old thread, but I cannot find an active download link for AV2HDR-T2 (the wiki link on this site is no longer working, and neither is AVForums links). Can someone help me with a trusted link?

I'm speaking off the top of my head now, but I speculate that there may be less need for the utility now we have the sidecar package. I assume ffmpeg (with the right settings) is able to convert just about any video file to the proper .ts (off-box if video stream conversion is required), and then sidecar can provide the sidecar files once the resulting .ts is imported to the HDR-FOX.

Thanks, I did notice the sidecar package (and I do have the custom firmware), I just wanted the workflow to be simpler - build on the PC and use network to dump all files on to Humax, done. Of course I can use a browser to log in to the Humax, then navigate to the files and build the sidecar files, but it is more long winded. It however seems that it's the only option to me. The reason to have a simple build flow is that I am transferring family videos to my mother-in-laws HDR-Fox-T2 too (sneaker net), getting the correct format to also enable trickplay has been an 'adventure'. Simple playback is fine. Let's not take this thread off topic, I'm looking at the many other threads and I have progressed this now anyway.

Thanks, I did notice the sidecar package (and I do have the custom firmware), I just wanted the workflow to be simpler - build on the PC and use network to dump all files on to Humax, done. Of course I can use a browser to log in to the Humax, then navigate to the files and build the sidecar files, but it is more long winded. It however seems that it's the only option to me. The reason to have a simple build flow is that I am transferring family videos to my mother-in-laws HDR-Fox-T2 too (sneaker net), getting the correct format to also enable trickplay has been an 'adventure'. Simple playback is fine. Let's not take this thread off topic, I'm looking at the many other threads and I have progressed this now anyway.

I’m trying to do what appears to be exactly the same as you. Got a number of old VHS family videos, want to get them on the Hummy and ideally have full control on playback with FF RW, skip, etc.
I am almost a complete novice at this and finding some of it difficult to get my head round but managed to get some files working to a limited extent though rewind seems to particularly problematic. Used AV2HDR-T2 which did give an improvement though rewind was still very jerky.
You mentioned that you had “progressed this now” so just wondered if you found a better solution and what sort of results you had.
Thanks

Back