AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 for the Humax HDR Fox T2

raydon

Av2hdr-t2.png

Hello all,

I'd like to announce the release of AV2HDR-T2 v1.0. A video import utility for the Humax HDR Fox T2 Freeview PVR.
It is a portover of the utility I originally created for the Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat PVR and it's function is similar, though not exactly the same.
Basically, it enables video not created on the T2, to be imported with all the functionality provided in a native recording. i.e. thumbnails, program synopsis and guidance text, fast forward, rewind, resume from last position etc.
I know you will say that you can already import and play some non-native video formats directly on the T2, but AV2HDR-T2 provides those "little extras" that people have come to expect from a PVR.
Full usage details are contained in the compiled help .chm file included with the program. I hope you find it useful.

AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 can be downloaded from the link in the wiki page HERE.

Enjoy !

raydon

P.S. Please don't quote this post in its entirety, one picture in the thread is enough, thank you.

Last edited:
Any chance this will work with a HD-Fox T2 with USB HDD attached?
I'm almost certain it will, the video formats are identical, however I don't have an HD Fox T2 to try it on. Appreciate if you could give it a whirl and report back for the benefit of other users.

I have just downloaded this, and see that it is a RAR file. What do I do with this?

I have downloaded 7-Zip, and managed to unpack the RAR file OK now.

I'm almost certain it will, the video formats are identical, however I don't have an HD Fox T2 to try it on. Appreciate if you could give it a whirl and report back for the benefit of other users.

Raydon opened the following (from my camcorder). I will upload to the HD FOX T2 tommorow. Every confidence it won't be a problem

General
ID : 1
Complete name : E:\SpainOct2011TitledFolder\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : BluRay Video
File size : 3.84 GiB
Duration : 30mn 10s
Overall bit rate : 18.2 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps
Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Bit rate : 17.1 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.329
Stream size : 3.60 GiB (94%)
Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Stream size : 96.7 MiB (2%)

I wish I could but I had a look and saw it was Windows based. My Vista PC is not behaving so I will have to leave it to others to try.

Does this re-encode the file into .ts format or just add additional data to the original file? Just wondering can i run my original mp4 movies through it?

Also any OSX versions :)

Does this re-encode the file into .ts format or just add additional data to the original file? Just wondering can i run my original mp4 movies through it?

Also any OSX versions
Provided they meet the resolution requirements (basically 1080i or 576i) then you should be able to use your MP4 files. No recoding it's a very quick process. afaik no OS X version yet but Raydon has already compiled the Foxsat version for the Mac so if you ask nicely you may be lucky

Hi raydon,
I converted an mkv file that plays on my PC but not on my HDR T2 to a .ts file via tsMuxer. In its new ts format the video and audio play fine but there is no resume, ffwd or rwd. I thought I might be able to fix this via your AC2HDR utility. Although it spews out a new ts file at the end of the process, the new file has the same problems as the original ts file - no resume, ffwd or rwd.

The original (pre AC2HDR conversion) ts file info is as follows:

Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 1.55 GiB
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 4 996 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 8 frames
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 44mn 27s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 4 296 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 40.0 Mbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 718 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.195
Stream size : 1.33 GiB (86%)
Writing library : x264 core 120 r2145 748fe16
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:-2:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.0
Language : English

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : 129
Duration : 44mn 27s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 142 MiB (9%)

Any thoughts on why AV2HDR has not worked?

Hi raydon,
I converted an mkv file that plays on my PC but not on my HDR T2 to a .ts file via tsMuxer. In its new ts format the video and audio play fine but there is no resume, ffwd or rwd. I thought I might be able to fix this via your AC2HDR utility. Although it spews out a new ts file at the end of the process, the new file has the same problems as the original ts file - no resume, ffwd or rwd.
Any thoughts on why AV2HDR has not worked?
Did you also copy over the two sidecar files that AV2HDR-T2 created (.HMT and .NTS). These are required to enable resume fast-fwd and rewind functions on your T2.

In fact, I had figured this out just an hour or so before you replied! I had thought the other files were unecessary by-products of the conversion process! With the two accompanying files, the ts file plays, resumes and ffwds perfectly.
Thanks for the response, raydon, and for this extremely useful software!

Thanks for a very useful program raydon. And congratulations on producing the .CHM file
There is nothing more annoying than a program that demands the internet to get at a help file
or attempting to bodge a HTML help file.

Lets hope others learn from your example.

Back