Backup/restore recording schedule when doing factory reset?

Just catching up....so if I play the old foxsat recordings (which are now mounted in an Ubuntu machine) on the T2 (via a mapped Samba drive) I hear the AD track. So I continued my eternal googling and stumbled upon Raydon's "convert files" utility, which appears to do what I want (i.e. allow the "normal" audio track to play, rather than the AD track). The only problem is that it runs on a Foxsat, which I have now cannibalised.

If Raydon's utility can run in batch mode - i.e. if it can be invoked once to "clean up" all of the .ts files on the Foxsat disk, them I do have the option of putting the foxsat HDD back in the foxsat machine, running the utility, then re-copying all of the files. Since the file copy took almost 12 hours that's not a very appealing prospect however (and I have an increasingly impatient wife asking when she will be able to catch up with her viewing). I'm hoping I can maybe find something that I can run from the Ubuntu command line that will process all of the .ts file audio tracks in one hit....

Yes convertfiles will clean up all files automatically, but it would be much quicker to remux the .ts files without the AD track. TSmuxer is available for Linux.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

Yes that's in my immediate (and I mean immediate!) to-do list. I still need to do something about the AD track though, as I haven't worked out how to get TSMuxerGUI to do its thing....

Open a file deselect the MP2 AD audio track in the tracks pane. Select TS as output give it a name and destination. Click on Start Muxing.

Only need it if you serve the files. If you copy them to the T2, they 'just play'
Do SD files serve OK?.

So I just copied the first .ts file from the foxsat HDD to the T2 (I'd forgotten how slow 100Mb ethernet was) and it plays the AD audio track.
???

Open a file deselect the MP2 AD audio track in the tracks pane. Select TS as output give it a name and destination. Click on Start Muxing.

Thanks for that - I managed to get that to work on a single file. Rather helpfully, the GUI shows the Meta file content for the TXMuxer command, so if I can piece that together with the TSMuxer user guide I may be getting somewhere.....

Back