Bad remote???

Sorcerer13

My dog 'ate' my FVP-500T remote control, so I had to buy a replacement (remote control, not dog!) which I bought from
Remote Controls Shop
TW Electronics (Newbury) Ltd.
It works, but I have to press any 'control' buttons twice (not the numbers or the on-off button), which is irritating. I tried contacting the above shop, but despite repeated attempts I've had no reply.
Yes, I know I could probably return the remote under the 'fit for use' reason, but I just wondered if this was a common Humax problem with a simple resolution. Any ideas?

I actually bought two from "Remote Control Shop" ( I have two Humax boxes for different TVs) and although I only needed to replace one remote control, I thought buying a (relatively) cheap spare would be a good idea.
Both remotes have the same 'press twice' problem, so I think 'caveat emptor' from Black Hole might be appropriate.
I have ordered another remote direct from Humax, and I'll report on its effectiveness when I receive it...

I have purchased a few Humax remotes from the Remote Control Shop and they have all appeared to be genuine Humax products and to function without any issues.
So - positive experience with genuine Humax remote from that store.
Have you purchased any third party replacement type from them? What's the remote quality/use like?

I actually bought two from "Remote Control Shop" ( I have two Humax boxes for different TVs) and although I only needed to replace one remote control, I thought buying a (relatively) cheap spare would be a good idea.
Both remotes have the same 'press twice' problem, so I think 'caveat emptor' from Black Hole might be appropriate.
I have ordered another remote direct from Humax, and I'll report on its effectiveness when I receive it...
Similar question - did you get genuine Humax remotes or were they third party ones?

My own experience with third party remotes is a bit mixed. They work but I didn't like the quality, feel or button layout.

I didn't say they didn't work; they do - eventually!
At first the 'double press' was just a bit irritating, but situations like needing a quick 'mute' 'cos there's an incoming phone call make the irritation more intense, and it's now got to the level that the automatic Tyke response of "'ow much???" gets overridden by the frustration! Hence the purchase of a 'genuine' spare.

They have two remotes for the FVP-5000T; did you buy the genuine Humax remote or the slightly cheaper one labelled as a "replacement remote"?

Back