BBC local radio on Freeview

prpr

Radio Bristol now live on 719 from Mendip (and relays).

More local stations to follow next year on their respective main TV transmitter.

Maybe Classic FM see no value in spending money on a DVB service in addition to the existing FM and DAB.

I reckon that argument applies to most/all the radio stations.

DTTV: Unfortunately due to the cost of broadcast on this platform, there are no immediate plans to launch Classic FM on either digital terrestrial television or Freeview.
That's telling!

Indeed, I've had ClassicFM on my presets for DAB for as long as I've been using DAB radio.
JazzFM is another story.

64k mono isn't it? I haven't bothered re-tuning any of my boxes. Frankly there doesn't seem to be much point.

To be fair, if you are going to listen to music radio on the average TV 64k mono is probably overkill :p
CDs are only 88k (44k x 2).

To be fair, if you are going to listen to music radio on the average TV 64k mono is probably overkill :p
Drivel! CDs are sampled at 44.1kHz, yes, but that is two whole data channels of 16 bits each. The 64k we're talking about for Classic FM on DVB-T is 64k bits per second - even a single channel from CD is about 700kbps!

So the bit depth on Freeview is 1 ?
I guessed it probably wasn't 16 like a CD, but thought it might be 8 at least.
What's the bit depth on MP3 for example?

Why? I have my T2 hooked up to the hi-fi and don't use the TV speakers (they are fairly crap like most are these days).
Ooo, er. Try 44.1 x 2 x 16 = 1411.2k
So the bit depth on Freeview is 1 ?
No it's not. I think you need to go and do some reading before you drop yourself in it even more.

Back