BBC ONE HD Regional

Were the BBC Cambridge Studios equipped for HD when they relocated? {Probably if new kit were procured as HD and/or UHD is all that's readily available today}. I'm no longer privvy to such detail. Norwich BBC East studios were new around 2005 and always were Cambridge's buddy site (it was a part-time sub-opt originally in analogue days). All that has really happened is they've reverted to how it was 25-30 years ago.

BBC East is a big region though. Even ITV have split it in two (currently) although via recorded bulletins ex the same studio centre.

I think you're reading something into the Freeview Play details in the blog that isn't intended. It's about channel number swaps for the online component the way I read it.
No it's to do with a 'software/firmware update' to suitable Freeview Play devices (such updates need the devices connected to internet).

That update allows the HD and SD version LCNs to be auto swapped (as I understand it). Whether that info is delivered via the internet or just part of a modern Freeview Play code/specification feature I'm not sure just yet. It's not present in the You View spec though. Thus LCN 1 will be BBC ONE HD on such sets. 3 ITV HD etc.,.

What?? Look in any (printed) TV guide. Wales and Scotland regularly have their own schedule, and each region has at least a current affairs slot Inside Out (separate from news programming).
I take the Radio Times. But the regional variations information is a very thin vertical bar on the page for daytime TV each day, and I never look at the daytime TV page. Which is why I hadn't noticed the regional variations, though they apply to the entire 24 hours and not just daytime TV. I blame the Radio Times myself...

I'm supposed to know that something not scheduled at the moment won't be scheduled in the future? Ho hum. Anyway, that doesn't alter the fact that BBC1/2 Wales and BBC1 Scotland have active variations.

I was quite surprised yesterday when the SD version of Look North was the North West of England version rather than the usual South Yorkshire and North Midlands version. I am guessing it was a cock up but interested to know if there was another reason. Today the morning and lunchtime were as expected.

Curiously, I have not retuned my HD-FOX yet and BBC ONE HD is showing blank in the EPG... and yet it is receiving the LCN101 regional service just fine!

As expected. The media PIDs are still the same. This is why people were lulled in to a false sense of security and then discovered their recordings didn't work.

I regard it as having given us time to get round to retuning while recordings would continue to work for a day or two.

But that's not the case. Recordings won't work.
What, even when there was still valid EPG data for BBC1 HD?

And on one of my boxes Accurate Recording is turned off so they're just timed recordings. I can't see any reason why those wouldn't work.

There has been no valid EPG data for the prior setup on PSB3 (other than any locally cached schedule data) since 11:00 on 26th April. Accurate Record relies on this (EIT present/following, not EIT schedule), so will not have been working since that point. Manual timed recordings are obviously not affected as they don't rely on this external trigger.

Manual timed recordings are obviously not affected as they don't rely on this external trigger.
But the OP isn't talking about manual timed recordings:
on one of my boxes Accurate Recording is turned off so they're just timed recordings.
Having AR off (ie padding set to zero) means the unit takes no notice of the Programme ID flag, but it still relies on the start and end times retrieved live from the EPG. No EPG data, no recording – although I acknowledge that if the recording was set up while there was EPG data, then it might still work on those preset details.

We normally refer to manually set (rather than EPG-set) timers as timed recordings, and normally recordings set by EPG would track advertised schedule changes.

But the OP isn't talking about manual timed recordings:
You're splitting hairs. It was obvious what was meant, even if it wasn't about how the item got in to the scheduled recordings list in the first place (but it is irrelevant anyway).

Back