BBC Radio Wales - Siadwell

ian_j

This 4 part show starts on the 21st of March, as I am in England and cannot get BBC Radio Wales is there anyone out there that could record it and post it somewhere for me?

I plan to get it from the iPlayer after it has been broadcast but I'm asking in case it doesn't show up.

Thank you.

It really frustrates me when the BBC does this. The same happened with Still Game up in Scotland.

Are the schedules so full of quality programming that we can't have comedy from another region played across the whole of the UK.

El oh, Siad-welll 'ere

(I presume that's what you mean, if so it's been dragged out of the Ark)

I never knew how to spell Siadwell before now.

This is the character the show is about, it's a new series. He was originally in the series Naked Video

14m9tzp.jpg

Ye gods! I remember the name and the face .... absolutely no idea what the program was called. Naked Video sounds like a good title but I don't remember it :(

Hi. I work for Radio Wales so I thought I'd just let you know that as soon as each edition of Siadwel finishes on Friday evenings at 7, you'll be able to download (and keep) each episode as a free mp3 podcast, available worldwide from the BBC Radio Wales website (click on Podcasts) and also from iTunes etc (under BBC or Comedy).
Also, I know it's not quite the same, but outside of Wales you can listen if you have digital sattellite TV or cable, as well as online of course - again visit the Radio Wales website and click on Info.

I think Naked Video doesn't have a general series page on the "programmes" section of the BBC website as it predates the schedule system we currently use - programme pages for older series are a bit patchy.

Thanks for that.

How came you here? Presumably you were alerted or searching for occurrences of "Siadwell".

Indeed! This forum does very well on Google, its obviously coded very well! :) We just periodically like to keep an eye on how our programmes do on Google, and I thought it worth pointing the podcast out.

Can you explain why regional programs aren't broadcast nationwide?

I am a complete comedy nut and it really annoys me that some excellent shows are only broadcast in their country of origin, when I asked the same about Still Game I was told that the Scottish humour wouldn't translate well to England.

That's a very big question, and not one I'm really qualified to answer. But strictly in technical terms, there are a limited number of transmitters in the UK, and a limited number of slots available on them. So even if the BBC was minded to make all its programmes available everywhere (over the air in the traditional way), when you look at it from a straightforward transmission point of view, its probably not possible (but I'm not an authority on that by any means). However, given the worldwide availability of Listen Online and iPlayer, pretty much everything broadcast by the BBC is available online nowadays. I appreciate that's not the same thing as listening on a traditional set, but it's a start.

I'll still have it as a recording in case anybody gets stuck. No point me uploading it anywhere (not at my upspeed!) unless it is really needed.

My point is that surely some of my licence fee is going to help make these shows so why not broadcast them across the whole of the UK.
I'll still have it as a recording in case anybody gets stuck. No point me uploading it anywhere (not at my upspeed!) unless it is really needed.

I thought it didn't start while the 21st.

Back