Beautiful morning..

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I can see Emley Moor from here, just poking up out of the mist.

Screenshot%202016-11-26%2012.52.46.png

Prefer the current sunny but dry, still, chilly weather to the wet and windy if slightly warmer weather of last week.

I frequently pass the site of the Mendip transmitter, and often it's just a stump or the whole thing is missing.

I can see Emley Moor from here, just poking up out of the mist.

Screenshot%202016-11-26%2012.52.46.png

That's the power of television - literally. The antenna are on the part you see and the many kW they are radiating out to the distance is 'microwaving' the cloud/mist up there and making it evaporate. Simples :thumbsup:

You can now see why I have very few problems with TV reception, despite having my aerial in the loft, connected through several junction boxes and down through the walls using cheap brown coax installed by the builders.

I wish! We still have some snow from where people piled it up a couple of weeks ago.

I'd forgotton about that : )
It does it automatically in December and January.

If those hills were not in the way, I too would glimpse such beauty. The Sheffield repeater a mile away will just have to do.

Unlikely. Probably you're thinking of Winter Hill, but you need to be a bit more specific about where exactly on the M6 as it's quite a long road!

Back