@Bixieupnorth - Trying to Resolve Custom Software Problems

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
As promised, I've dedicated some time to looking into Bixie's problems and opening a conversation here in the hope that it will help somebody else.

rebooted t2 as instructed and today when i type the number into address bar i just get this message, is there some work being done, or is it just me as usual??

Index of /

NameModifiedSize

Parent directory - -

I've looked through your post history, and there are a few things I am unclear about. You seem to be using HomePlug to get the home network to the Humax, but I also seem to remember mention of WiFi as well? Which is it? If WiFi there might be some connection issues to resolve, particularly if you hide your SSID on your WiFi network (in an attempt at greater security - I do it as well but some say it is an inconvenience for no benefit).

Let us suppose there is a HomePlug connection, and you are able to access the TV Portal (thus proving the external connection). I also recall one of your previous posts saying you had managed to access the basic web interface after installing the custom firmware (USB), but then could not successfully download the full interface. Is that still the case?

I take it that the message quoted above is your recent attempt to use a PC web browser on the home network (with the Humax connected and powered up) to access the custom software web interface. In that case, please quote exactly what you are typing in to the browser address bar.

Also, use the TV and Humax remote control to quote what the following menu page says:

Menu.. Settings.. System.. Internet Setting.. Configure LAN

sorry its been a long time getting back to you but today is the first time i've had the house to myself since then!!

i've just flashed the latest unofficial update and successfully added it to the unit

what i type into the addres bar of firefox (and ie64) is the IP address 192.168.0.4 and it results in both as above still!

i can confirm that i only use homeplug

there is a decent connection, i can easily watch both the tv portal and stream files from my pc without a hitch

the unit displays on my pc as part of my network in wmp

only once did i manage to access the basic web interface, since the units just been as above

configure LAN page says

DHCP
IP address 192.168.0.4
Netmask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.1
DNS address 192.168.0.1

thanks for your help

cheers

i spotted on another thread that using ftp prefix instead could help, so have done this in IE and can get a look at all my video folders. thats a step forward and proves my connectivity

so how do i now get the customised tv portal??

Back