Bloody Quiet, Innit?

Where about, do you reckon? Top of the hill, opposite the shopping plaza (where Maplin was)?
I didn't know where M was until I just looked at Google maps (I only used the one at the bottom of Zetland Road).
I reckon it's a bit further down, towards Hicks Gate (don't know whether that has an apostrophe* or not).
The comments on the photo imply here.
Either the Toyota or now defunct (news to me) Honda showrooms, or both.
of it's era
* But that certainly doesn't!

Sprinters (trains that go slowly)

Last edited:
But that certainly doesn't!
:oops: I blame the iPad!

I only used the one at the bottom of Zetland Road
If you could park!

I reckon it's a bit further down, towards Hicks Gate (don't know what that has an apostrophe* or not).
I don't think that's very likely; for one thing the photo shows a level site, but the garden centre site is anything but level. Place names don't generally have apostrophes, even if grammar suggests they should.

Your map pin is too far off the Bath Road, which the photo and comments show as running directly past. I can't make up my mind whether it is on the south or north side; shadows suggest early morning north side or late evening south side (which is actually more like the SSW side, so that would have to be summer months). Overall, I still go with the plot opposite the plaza (which I now find is called Brislington Retail Park), between Screwfix and Pets At Home.

Now I find the factory was not a million miles from here - on the A4 at Brislington in Bristol.
I now have chapter and verse on this, from a life-long resident of the area. The factory was on the south side of the Bath road, on the corner of the site occupied by Brislington Retail Park, opposite where the park and ride is now (opposite in the sense of across the side road, not across the main road). On the other side of Bath Road was Robertson's Jam (complete with golliwog).

The factory was on the south side of the Bath road, on the corner of the site occupied by Brislington Retail Park, opposite where the park and ride is now
Which is where the Toyota garage is, as I showed in the link I gave.
Robertson's Jam (complete with golliwog)
We used to love collecting those off the backs of jars as kids. Nowadays you're not even allowed to think the word, let alone write it.

Back