Bloody Quiet, Innit?

I guess now is a good time to start another word game, just for fun (no scoring):
  1. Successor word must be:
    1. An anagram of all the letters in the previous word, plus or minus one letter;
    2. A valid, correctly spelled, English word (subject to argument!).
    3. Not a repeat of any previous word.
  2. The player of a word for which there is no valid successor word (conforming to Rule 1 parts 1 2 & 3) shall be the loser and designated Forum Donkey. The player of the word prior to that is the Champeen.
  1. Which rule says no proper nouns?

Pi is a noun according to this
Surely we only initialise our game words because it is the norm. We often alter the capitalised letter to a small letter to continue the game. Therefore prpr's use of Pi with a capital is irrelevant.

Trev, common sense dictates that if the rules do not state specifically proper nouns are acceptable, then it is the norm to exclude their use.

Last edited:
Who's norm? That is not common sense. They have proper nouns in crosswords and similar word games, unless they specifically exclude them.

In crosswords you are asked to supply a definitive answer which may be a proper noun, it does not, in my opinion, apply in our simple ( despite the errors) game. I am not aware of a game similar to ours.
I wouldn't use place names or person's names as a matter of course.

Surely we only initialise our game words because it is the norm. We often alter the capitalised letter to a small letter to continue the game. Therefore prpr's use of Pi with a capital is irrelevant.

Sorry BH didn't read your post # 305 correctly.

Back