Book Me

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
A Sherlock trailer for New Year's Day had the green Book Me button tonight. How did they manage that? New Year's Day isn't in my EPG yet.

Presumably it creates the same sort of Series Id entry that you see when a season takes a mid-season break and there are no current episodes due for broadcast within the current EPG window.

Presumably it creates the same sort of Series Id entry that you see when a season takes a mid-season break and there are no current episodes due for broadcast within the current EPG window.

... and boy have we got a lot of them at present :(

I used the green button <book me> option for the first time the other night. I was watching BBC3 and the green button message (similar to the '<OK>Watch in HD') option popped up while watching the trailer. I pressed the green button and got the option for either the standard or HiDef version of the recording. I selected standard version and now have the series linked in the schedule.

On the matter of the '<OK>Watch in HD' option I thought that only appeared momentarily just at the start of a programme. However I recently noticed that it also appears when you finish watching a recording and were tuned into those channels. It is as if switching on to the channel triggers that flag, or stoping a recording and going back to live tv triggers the same process.

Arbookmarks use the on/off flags to bookmark the start and end of recordings would there be any benefit bookmarking trailer flags?

I used the green button <book me> option for the first time the other night. I was watching BBC3 and the green button message (similar to the '<OK>Watch in HD') option popped up while watching the trailer. I pressed the green button and got the option for either the standard or HiDef version of the recording. I selected standard version and now have the series linked in the schedule.
What software version do you have? If it has created a series schedule then this is a fix over earlier versions.. unless the broadcasters have sorted out the data.

What software version do you have? If it has created a series schedule then this is a fix over earlier versions.. unless the broadcasters have sorted out the data.
Currently I run 1.02.32 cf 2.20 however I have had later versions installed on the box (1.03.xx/ cf unintentionally! ). The trailer was on Wednesday for Bluestone 42 , and it scheduled for next Thursday on BBC3. The programme was in the EPG schedule at the time, although it was at the end of the 8 day EPG at that stage.

Edit: I can't recall which channel the trailer was on, in post 6 I said I was watching BBC3 but maybe it was BBC1 or 2, I can't be sure. Is there any way I can check out from the schedule when the recording was first scheduled?

Green button record worked again. I was watching BBC3 (not HD) and pressed the green button when prompted for the 'Junior Paramedics' Trailer. Recording in schedule now.

(Incidentally immediately after scheduling the recording, the '<OK> Watch in HD' prompt reappeared momentarily on BBC3.) Box setup as above.

That's been available for a while, I came up against it around Christmas time, it seemed to work OK, but I couldn't tell you which channel I was on at the time and it wasn't on all trailers, might have been Ch4 but I've not seen it since.

The OP was about a "book me" for a programme 10 days in advance - well outside the EPG range.

The OP was about a "book me" for a programme 10 days in advance - well outside the EPG range.

That's as maybe, but I have seen them for programs present in the EPG, that's how I could check if it worked, but I haven't seen it for some time so I assume it was just for a test period.

Sorry my mistake. It only recorded a single episode, it is not series linked in the schedule.

I had thought I had recorded the series and couldn't understand what had got that into my head. I tried the <Book Me> option again tonight and was definitely offered the option to record a single occurrence or the series, so tonight I again selected the record series option but again only one instance of series is scheduled.

Going slightly off topic (although the thread is titled "Book Me") it is strange that the trailer for a series would prompt 'Book Me' and only schedule one instance of the series. I wonder how other HDR models handle the <Book Me> option. Perhaps the series link will be fixed in future updates for the HDR T2 ?

I tried another <Book Me> , this time while watching BBC3 HD. It gave three options/selections.
The first seemed to offer no choice between single programme/series only the single programme.
The second offered single programme/or series (perhaps only for SD option)*
The third option (BBC3 HD) offered single programme or series.

After selecting option3 and choosing 'series' ... The BBC3HD series linked recording IS in the schedule. So <Book Me> series link seems to be working for the HD option, or is this only on trailers on the HD services?

(* I said perhaps as the <Book Me> option only appears for a short while for the duration of the trailer and I can't 'playback').

I'm not sure but I think I've had a similar problem when the "book me" is for a program which is more than 7 days out, i.e. Not yet in EPG.

The new series of Detectorists on BBC FOUR came up as a trailer tonight, starting 29th October. The green button was available, so I decided to see what happened. I was offered two options, both referring to BBC ONE West, with no obvious difference between them, so I tried selecting both. What I ended up with is two entries in the schedule for "Detectorists", one as a single and the other as a series, with dashes on the time and date (so it is waiting up to 90 days for an EPG match).

However, when I look at the entries in the WebIF schedule browser, it is looking for a match on BBC ONE not BBC FOUR. I'll report back on whether a match is actually found (after Thursday coming).

Back