1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[boot-settings] Apply settings during boot

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by af123, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Trev

Trev The Dumb One

From where do we get all these goodies? Slightly more than "The Beta Repository" would be good, as I have no idea where that is and can't find it. Or is it a secret society for invited members with the correct handshake?;)

2. Luke

Luke Well-Knwon Member

In the advanced settings switch on view advanced packages and then install opkg-beta, followed by clicking on the update package list button.

Trev likes this.
  3. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

Install package opkg-beta - that should unlock the public beta programmes.

af123 and Trev like this.
  4. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

Me too. I'll look into it!

Aha - got it : ) For some reason I don't remember, for group 1 I need to store a 3. I'll need to do some more testing on the other groups but poweron-channel just used 3, 4, 5, 6 for the groups.
    Will fix in update shortly then test tomorrow night if I get chance.

peterworks likes this.
  5. af123

boot-settings 1.0.1 now available. It should fix favourite group 1 but still needs testing for groups 2+

6. Luke

Luke Well-Knwon Member

Wasn't it that selecting '3' picked the group that would be listed 3rd if the groups were sorted alphabetically, and not the one that was originally 'Favourite 3'.

7. af123

I think groups 1 and 2 may be the built-in TV and Radio groups.. for now I'm just adding 2 to the selected group (which is what poweron-channel did). If anyone is in a position to test, please do.

8. Trev

Trev The Dumb One

Does Volume zero = Last Volume as in POC or Zero volume?

9. af123

Zero volume. If you don't want to change the volume at boot, delete the Volume line in settings.

10. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

Zero volume. If you want to leave the volume setting unaffected, delete the volume option from the list.

(snap - I win!)

11. Trev

Trev The Dumb One

af123 won. Thanks chaps.

12. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

Don't you know the rules of Snap?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  13. peterworks

peterworks Member

I have four favourite groups and it now works as expected...

14. MymsMan

MymsMan Well-Known Member

After upgrade to 1.0.1 (also installed CFW 3.11 beta) Settings display is corrupted

Humax HDR Fox T2 (Humax) - Settings - Mozilla Firefox 19012017 111707.jpg
    Did not recur after another reboot
    Code:
    /mod/webif/lib/system.class:480: Error: database is locked
    in procedure 'system' called at file "/mod/webif/cgi-bin/status.jim", line 310
    in procedure 'system' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/system.class", line 500
    at file "/mod/webif/lib/system.class", line 480
    in procedure 'system' called at file "/mod/webif/cgi-bin/status.jim", line 265
    /mod/webif/lib/settings.class:284: Error: database is locked
    in procedure '<reference.<setting>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/cgi-bin/favlist.jim", line 12
    in procedure 'settings channel_groups' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
    at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
    at file "/mod/webif/lib/settings.class", line 284
    /mod/webif/lib/settings.class:284: Error: database is locked
    in procedure '<reference.<setting>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/cgi-bin/favlist.jim", line 12
    in procedure 'settings channel_groups' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
    at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
    at file "/mod/webif/lib/settings.class", line 284

15. Trev

Trev The Dumb One

Yes. First to post wins.:geek: (unless they have changed the rules in the last 60 odd years)

16. peterworks

peterworks Member

Another 'tease' :D

17. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

Don't be daft - first person to say "snap" wins! Bet you have some great arguments with grandchildren.

18. Trev

Trev The Dumb One

Nar. They were smaller than me when we played snap.

19. af123

That one's a closed beta but I am looking for a couple more people to give it a go before release, as long as they're willing to run fix-disk once or twice.

20. peterworks

peterworks Member

I am willing to give it a go but please know that it will be on my spare which is very lightly used.