1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[boot-settings] Apply settings during boot

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by af123, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Administrator Staff Member

I am happy to give it a go on a couple of my HDR-FOX T2 boxes, and also HD-FOX T2 boxes if you have a version for them.

2. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks both. I'll drop you a PM in a day or two once I've package up the new version.

peterworks and Brian like this.
  3. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

Me too, but I probably won't get to it before Thu.

4. JimD

JimD Member

I have tried using the subtitle size setting to increase the size of subtitles on HD channels. I have had no success.
    Could it be that this setting has not been implemented by Humax as it does not appear on the standard setting menu?

5. Luke

Luke Well-Knwon Member

My suspicion is that subtitle size setting would only come into play if character subtitling were being used instead of graphic objects. As the UK DTT subtitles are bitmap objects then this parameter would not be referenced when processing and displaying the subtitles which (apparently!) takes it's cue for how to display the bitmap on HD channels from the display definition segment (DDS).

6. hairy_mutley

hairy_mutley Member

In that case I wonder if it would work with (for example) an avi plus srt subtitle file?

7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin Well-Known Member

You are probably right. If you have an srt file (I have seen this with an mp4) there are options available (OPT button) to make modest changes to the size and position of the subtitles. These type of subtitles aren't great on the HDR-FOX. They are plain white and tend to get lost when the background picture is pale in colour. It is a shame the font colour and background can't be changed (yellow font, black background works well).

8. af123

That's probably what those options are for then. Probably not worth having them available in this package.

9. af123

boot-settings 1.0.2 includes a fix for keeping the same startup channel number across retunes.
    It will only be able to do that once you've gone into the package settings and saved the configuration again.
    (Up until you do that it will work fine except that the startup channel may change following a retune).

cdmackay likes this.
  10. peterworks

peterworks Member

Did a retune, which identified and made some changes, then a restore of schedule/favourites. All now working perfectly.

11. Simps

Simps New Member

When I set the volume to 10 after a reboot you're unable to change the volume. The bar moves up and down but the volume stays the same.
    Does anyone else have this issue ?

12. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

Check this setting: Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output

Is it set to "Multi-channel"? If so, that's your problem.

13. Simps

Simps New Member

Thanks for the reply. You're spot on, I changed it to stereo and it has fixed it. Cheers.

14. xyz321

xyz321 Well-Known Member

The list of favourite groups can appear in the wrong order in the boot-settings form. In this case I had to select 'Favourite 5', so that 'Fav 4' would be active on boot.
    Code:
    sqlite> select itemIdx,itemName,itemValue,itemText from TBL_MENUCONFIG where itemName like 'FAV\_CUSTOM\_STR%%' ESCAPE '\';
    47|FAV_CUSTOM_STR01|1|Fav 1
    48|FAV_CUSTOM_STR02|1|Fav 2
    49|FAV_CUSTOM_STR03|1|Fav 3
    51|FAV_CUSTOM_STR05|0|Favourite 5
    50|FAV_CUSTOM_STR04|1|Fav 4

I suggest adding 'order by itemName' to the sql query in the method 'channel_groups' in the file 'settings.class'.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    af123 likes this.
  15. morbiD

morbiD New Member

Any reason the "Screen Resolution" boot-setting is missing a "720p" option? It's available in the Humax settings menu.

Also, it would be handy to have the "Info Display Time" setting exposed in boot-settings if possible.

16. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

Probably an oversight. Here's the fix:
    Code:
    humax ~ # diff -u /mod/webif/plugin/boot-settings/schema.jim~ /mod/webif/plugin/boot-settings/schema.jim
    --- /mod/webif/plugin/boot-settings/schema.jim~
    +++ /mod/webif/plugin/boot-settings/schema.jim
    @@ -122,7 +122,7 @@
            table MENUCONFIG
            field RESOLUTION
            type Value
    -       gui {select 4 576i 3 576p 15 1080i 12 1080p}
    +       gui {select 4 576i 3 576p 5 720p 15 1080i 12 1080p}
     }
     {Display Format} {
            table MENUCONFIG

Try adding something like this to the end of the file:
    Code:
    {Info Display Time} {
            table MENUCONFIG
            field INFO_DISPLAY_TIME
            type Value          
            gui {int 1000 10000 5000}
    }

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    morbiD, Wallace and af123 like this.
  17. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

Incidentally, my Humax settings for VCR SCART only allows CVBS and S-Video, not RGB.
    So the section for VCR SCART ought to be:
    gui {select 1 CVBS 3 S-Video}
    instead of:
    gui {select 1 CVBS 2 RGB}

af123 likes this.
  18. af123

I'll incorporate those in the next version, thanks prpr

19. /df

/df New Member

Also in the Video settings, the 'Display Format' values depend on the 'Screen Ratio' selected, but boot-settings only allows for the first set below:

- with 16:9 (TBL_MENUCONFIG.SCREEN_RATIO=2), the options for TBL_MENUCONFIG.DISPLAY_FORMAT are
    Auto - 5
    Pillarbox - 1
    Zoom - 7

- with 4:3 (TBL_MENUCONFIG.SCREEN_RATIO=1), the options for TBL_MENUCONFIG.DISPLAY_FORMAT are
    Auto - 5
    Letterbox 16:9 - 0
    Letterbox 14:9 - 4
    Centre - 3.

Apparently changing 'Screen Ratio' sets 'Display Format' to Auto, the common value of the two sets. Also, if boot-settings forces an invalid combination such as 4:3+Pillarbox, the result is 4:3+Auto. I assume that these are standard values and behaviours, not just on the HD FOX I'm looking at now.

To reflect this without having to know what 'Screen Ratio' is active or whether 'Screen Ratio' has been specified in another boot-settings item, it would be nice to have a boot-settings 'Display Format' that would force both 'Screen Ratio' and 'Display Format', except for Auto, in addition to the plain 'Screen Ratio' option, but that doesn't seem to be possible within the current design.

So, more simply, you can just put all the values in the 'Display Format' menu, annotating the menu text, eg:

Auto, Pillarbox (16:9 only), Zoom (16:9 only), Letterbox 16:9 (4:3 only), Letterbox 14:9 (4:3 only), Centre (4:3 only)

20. /df

/df New Member

[posting in 2 parts to discover what part of the text the forum thinks is a link]

Not having worked out how to quote spaces in the menu text*, I found that the following line at schema.jim:131 (in the obvious folder that I can't mention because the forum thinks it's a URL) worked:

Code:
            gui {select 5 Auto 1 Pillarbox-16:9_only 7 Zoom-16:9_only 0 Letterbox-16:9-4:3_only 4 Letterbox-14:9-4:3_only 3 Centre-4:3_only}

I realise this is only significant for setups with Jurassic displays!

*Later I confirmed my recollection that "" or {} are valid ways of of quoting in TCL; but quoted menu text isn't shown in the Settings plugin menu as expected - apparently split at 1st whitespace.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018