[BootHDR] A method of decrypting recordings on the HD-FOX T2

Curiously, wget only lists bootHDR, so does that mean it is not needed for WebIF decryption after all?
wget is provided by the busybox package and is a dependency of webif.
The wget package has an executable with more facilities, should you need them. I guess it's compatible for basic operations with the busybox one.

wget is provided by the busybox package and is a dependency of webif.
The wget package has an executable with more facilities, should you need them. I guess it's compatible for basic operations with the busybox one.

Thanks. wget is not shown installed on my other HDRs so I take it as safe to remove.

When installing BootHDR on a HD-FOX, the installation appears to hang. If you cancel, eventually you get a another dialogue box pop up. Click OK to close this. The installation does work. To remove, on a HD-FOX, uninstall as standard through package management. The initial installation creates the folder HDRfs (and its contents) in the /mod folder: this is not deleted when the package is removed. I delete this folder, using Web-If, to finish off the uninstall. I don't know what happens on a HDR-FOX as you will already have a HDRfs folder. On the HD-FOX, these files are installed on /drive1. If you had USB drive attached when you installed did it create the HDRfs folder on the external drive?

Thanks. The HDRfs folder was found under /mod on the internal HDD. I have uninstalled bootHDR, humidify, squashfs-tools, and wget, and removed the HDRfs folder. I presume I have restored my previous state.

I think I have found a mistake in the bootHDRmode script:
Code:
# check we are not currently recording
if [ "$1" != "-force" ]; then
    pid=`/mod/bin/busybox/pgrep humaxtv`
    open="`/mod/bin/lsof -p $pid | /mod/bin/busybox/egrep '.*Video.*\.ts'`"
    if [ -n "$open" ]; then
        echo "Not booting into HRDMode now - open video. Use -force to override"
        echo "$open"
        exit 1
    fi
fi
I presume that should 'HDRMode' five lines from the end of the section, but I don't know if this is important or not.

It would be useful if the last line of the installation report read "Configuring bootHDR (this may take several minutes)".

Back