[BootHDR] A method of decrypting recordings on the HD-FOX T2

I'm quite adventurous. I have already copied two recordings to virtual and decrypted, just to see if it works.
I was holding off hoping that the remote control method could be sorted, but I have denied myself the pleasures of HDRmode long enough so...
I have scheduled a recording via Remote scheduling site and the Humax in HDRmode has picked it up and is pending waiting for a reboot.

I typed in my IP address, connected and had an immediate humax# prompt. Typed 'bootHDRmode' pressed enter and my Humax rebooted. Green piechart and /media/video. Yippee! :D

Never too old for telnet - its from the 70's after all ;)

Hopefully shouldn't take long to make the remote method work again - no idea why it no longer works on boot up. Maybe just timing or boot order has changed or something - might explain why its never worked for some people and for some has only broken on 1.15. I'm just going to ditch this method anyway, and use the way I detailed on wiki, now I can add af123's little snippet of safety code. It changes mode a lot quicker this way too as it just kills the humaxtv app and runs the hdr one.
I only went for the reboot method in the package as I didn't want to be responsible for people losing stuff if they triggered it while the box was recording....

Just got to hope that Ms Drutt gives me a free hour or 2 this weekend (house redecoration is behind schedule...)

I had reason to replace the HDD on my HD box towards the end of last year.

On reinstalling everything to the new HDD, the thing I couldn't get to work in the bootHDR realm was to boot to HDR mode via the remote - via telnet it was fine.

Seeing discussions here prompted me to investigate.

It failed to go into HDR mode on moving the trigger directory to the root and rebooting - but I noticed the trigger directory was back in *ModSettings, so I looked at the S99boothdr code in /mod/etc/init.d.

Now in my own case, what I noticed was that the code was referencing /mod/sbin/bootHDRmode but it was /mod/bin/ where the bootHDRmode code was. Why this was so I do not know?!! Others may not have this situation?!

So I chose to edit the S99boothdr code inplace, changing sbin -> bin - to execute /mod/bin/bootHDRmode - and lo and behold it now works !! - one happy bunny!

As I say, this was the situation for me, it may not be the case for others, but it maybe worth a check!

Hope this helps.

It failed to go into HDR mode on moving the trigger directory to the root and rebooting - but I noticed the trigger directory was back in *ModSettings, so I looked at the S99boothdr code in /mod/etc/init.d.

Now in my own case, what I noticed was that the code was referencing /mod/sbin/bootHDRmode but it was /mod/bin/ where the bootHDRmode code was. Why this was so I do not know?!! Others may not have this situation?!

So I chose to edit the S99boothdr code inplace, changing sbin -> bin - to execute /mod/bin/bootHDRmode - and lo and behold it now works !! - one happy bunny! .

Well done!
I think you've found the problem that had caused so many of us a frustrating time.
I just tried it after altering the S99boothdr code and it worked first time. :)

Since being able to boot into HDRmode I now have new folders.
In the SUI on tv there is: dvbepg and filebglastop.dat
And in Webif /media/drive 1: My Video (@148.6 GiB) and dvbepg (3.3 MiB)

I also have a folder in /media/drive1/video named video which has the same size (148.6 GiB) and is a mirror of /media/drive1/video. If I look at its contents I get another mirror and so on. Resulting in /media/drive1/video/video etc.

Where have they come from?

followed all the advice on here in regard to boothdr but i'm still freezing via telnet and the trigger method :s

Well spotted - this would have caused a problem for a lot of people - only worked for me and those who followed the manual instructions before this was put in a package, as these said to put the script in sbin, so it was in both places.

Should be a new package on its way to af123, using the "instant boot" method, but only doing it if safe (ie no recordings happening).

Steve

Well done!
I think you've found the problem that had caused so many of us a frustrating time.
I just tried it after altering the S99boothdr code and it worked first time. :)

Pleased it helped you and others find the same situation and correct it.

Should be a new package on its way to af123, using the "instant boot" method, but only doing it if safe (ie no recordings happening).

Steve

I hope it is as safe, as it saved me once when I didn't realise that the box had started a scheduled recording! :)

Steve
Updated overnight. HDRmode now works for me using the Remote control. :)

Thanks, Climber and Drutt.

Whoops! Booting back into HDmode using the Remote has caused the Hummy to report on screen that my TV does not support HDCP!
I am viewing via Scart but also have an HDMI cable connected. The message is there for SD and HD programmes.

I have been going through the stations and not all are affected. All the BBC ones are OK. When I switch the TV to HDMI input I get a green screen. Switched back to Scart input and the screen saver is on.
This didn't happen when I used Telnet to reboot.

This didn't happen when I used Telnet to reboot.

There shouldn't really be any significant difference now between a telnet boot and via the remote. The remote method just has a script checking the "flag" directory every few seconds, and running bootHDRmode if it sees it.

Are these problems re-creatable or a one off? I'm still on a CRT TV so can't test HDMI. I do occasionally have it switch to widescreen (yes my TV is that old!) on going back to HD mode, could be related to a general "tv settings get confused" issue when switching modes.

Back