[BootHDR] A method of decrypting recordings on the HD-FOX T2

Thanks Climber I will give it a try. the one thing I am confused about is saving the script. Notepad tries to save in the .txt format is this the format I want or do I need to rename to another format.

Thanks Climber I will give it a try. the one thing I am confused about is saving the script. Notepad tries to save in the .txt format is this the format I want or do I need to rename to another format.

If you use quotation marks between the file name you are saving, it should be saved as a plain file. Ignore the save as type and leave it as text.
Example. Save a script file named alpha. In the File name box in Notepad you should have this including the quotation marks "alpha" and nothing after it either, like .txt.

Does the bootHDRmode script that's installed by the package not work for you? I just telnetted to my HD and typed bootHDRmode and it worked fine.

I have never tried the remote control method, is that what people are having trouble with?

Does the bootHDRmode script that's installed by the package not work for you? I just telnetted to my HD and typed bootHDRmode and it worked fine.

I have never tried the remote control method, is that what people are having trouble with?

It always worked with me via telnet, but never via the remote.
When using the remote method, the box would reboot, but always back into HD mode.
Just to clarify the way I have tried this: Entering the "*Modsettings" folder - Selecting "Trigger-HDRModeNextBoot" via opt+ and "Move/Copy". Option then is only to move the folder to drive1. When this is done and then re-booting via the remote. The box restarts in HD mode, but the folder "Trigger-HDRModeNextBoot" has always moved back into the "*Modsettings" folder.

I have tried this with various version of the mod firmware and the end result has always been the same.
I also just tried it again and the same result was back into HD mode.
I'm still managing to boot into HDR mode via the remote by "settings" folder and moving the "bootHDR" folder to the root.

Edit - I can also still boot into HDR mode via Telnet.

Climber, thanks very much for your trouble in writing up all of this. I tried your method with the exception of formatting the disk first (I have too many recordings that would take too long to copy elsewhere) so I deleted all the existing cf modifications from the disk before starting. I couldn't get it to work using the webif package or the manual installation - the box would always freeze immediately. However, I reflashed to the stock 1.02.20 firmware and then installed cf 1.14, followed by a manual installation of bootHDR, which works fine, including booting via the remote.

af123, no, my HD box was freezing whether I booted by copying bootHDR to the root folder via the remote or by running bootHDRmode from telnet.

I'm decrypting a few files at the moment :), but once that's finished I'll upgrade to cf 1.15 again and see what happens to booHDR afterwards...

.......followed by a manual installation of bootHDR, which works fine, including booting via the remote.

Well I'm pleased to see that it has worked. :)

I'm open to experimenting with my HD box under instruction. I now have an HDR, so this free's up the HD for testing etc.

I don't understand what you needed to install Samba for.

Maybe it's not required, but it's a way of me being able to see the Humax files via a network connection.

Edit - I also used that network connection to copy the HDR firmware to Mod.

Ok, just had bootHDR working from telnet and remote on CF1.14 after a manual installation of bootHDRmode.
Upgraded to CF1.15 and then bootHDRmode failed to work, causing the box to freeze.
Flashed back to CF1.14 and bootHDRmode works again from telnet and remote.
No other changes were made.

So, my experience leads me to believe that CF1.15 somehow breaks existing installations of bootHDRmode. I was unable to perform a new installation of bootHDRmode under CF1.15 either, but unlike Climber (who succeeded in this) I'm not in a position to reformat the disk and do a clean installation.

Unfortunately, I know too little about Linux to begin to work out what's going wrong.

Ok, just had bootHDR working from telnet and remote on CF1.14 after a manual installation of bootHDRmode.
Upgraded to CF1.15 and then bootHDRmode failed to work, causing the box to freeze.
Flashed back to CF1.14 and bootHDRmode works again from telnet and remote.
No other changes were made.

So, my experience leads me to believe that CF1.15 somehow breaks existing installations of bootHDRmode. I was unable to perform a new installation of bootHDRmode under CF1.15 either, but unlike Climber (who succeeded in this) I'm not in a position to reformat the disk and do a clean installation.

Unfortunately, I know too little about Linux to begin to work out what's going wrong.
That sounds interesting, I'm running cf 1.15 on my HD, and tried installing bootHDRmode but couldn't get it to work via the remote. I didn't try booting from telnet though, so am not sure whether that method would work for me.

I've just upgraded to 1.15 and am now experiencing the problem reported here - with the reboot flag method. Booting directly through telnet is fine though, as is the remote triggering method detailed on the wiki (which is effectively the same as the telnet method). Must be something has changed in the boot sequence that upsets it. I'll try and investigate this weekend, and also integrate the "bootnow" trigger into the package. The only reason I didn't originally was to prevent people from accidentally breaking any recording that was happening (a full reboot wouldn't happen if recording).

I may have imagined it, but af123 do you have an easy way of testing whether a recording is happening from script? I could use that instead and the HDRboot would be quicker.

I've looked through the diffs between 1.14 and 1.15 line by line and I can't understand why the behaviour would be different : (

Something like the following could be used for recording/playback detection:

Code:
pid=`pgrep humaxtv`
[ -n "`/mod/bin/lsof -p $pid | /mod/bin/busybox/egrep '.*Video.*\.ts'`" ] && busy=1 || busy=0

I have never been able to boot into HDRmode using the remote method in 1.14 or 1.15.
I view the Humax on my iPad2 and downloaded all the extra packages and installed via Webif. (no telnetting)
I see the extra folders and can move the triggers folder to root but on rebooting I am back in HDmode.
Switching into standby and on again is not doing the job. I don't think anything has changed by upgrading to CF 1.15.

I have never been able to boot into HDRmode using the remote method in 1.14 or 1.15.
I view the Humax on my iPad2 and downloaded all the extra packages and installed via Webif. (no telnetting)
I see the extra folders and can move the triggers folder to root but on rebooting I am back in HDmode.
Switching into standby and on again is not doing the job. I don't think anything has changed by upgrading to CF 1.15.
Have you tried using telnet? as I understand there are telnet apps available for the iPad.

Too old to start. I want it to work without having to do all that stuff and I am sure others do too!

Have you tried using telnet? as I understand there are telnet apps available for the iPad.
I relented and thought I would give it a try. Downloaded a couple of free Apps from the AppStore to see what it was all about. The first looked too difficult to use so deleted it. The second one called iTelnet is simplicity itself.
I typed in my IP address, connected and had an immediate humax# prompt. Typed 'bootHDRmode' pressed enter and my Humax rebooted. Green piechart and /media/video. Yippee! :D

Thanks for the nudge Brian. Perhaps I'm not too old to learn.

Remote method doesn't work but I can now activate HDRmode from my armchair. ;)

I relented and thought I would give it a try. Downloaded a couple of free Apps from the AppStore to see what it was all about. The first looked too difficult to use so deleted it. The second one called iTelnet is simplicity itself.
I typed in my IP address, connected and had an immediate humax# prompt. Typed 'bootHDRmode' pressed enter and my Humax rebooted. Green piechart and /media/video. Yippee! :D

Thanks for the nudge Brian. Perhaps I'm not too old to learn.

Remote method doesn't work but I can now activate HDRmode from my armchair. ;)
I've installed it on my iPod touch and it works from there too. Even better. :)
That's good to hear, so there will be no stopping you now:), you will even be able to try out some of the more adventurous stuff that is going on.;)

Back